Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. bob

Network Issues

The server network the forum is hosted on is having issues this weekend. They’re working on it (part of the hosting is 24/7365 monitoring and support) but it seems to be a bit of a challenge for them. Apologies if things seem slower than normal.
  2. bob

Need some Facebook Likes Please

In my continuing efforts to generate a little revenue, I've started working on the bookstores again, and created a Facebook Page for modelrailroadbookstore.com. It's essentially brand new, I created it last spring, then life got busy. I need some likes and I'll work on adding some new content...
  3. bob

Changes to forum ads

You'll probably notice some ads in places you haven't seen them before, such as between messages in posts. I'm experimenting with ad location and quantity. Why so many ads? Well, the subtle banner ads aren't working any more. Ad revenue last month was about $15. The server costs roughly $2,000...
  4. bob

Shop on Amazon and help the forum at the same time.

I recently mentioned the model railroad bookstore, and it is a great resource for your model railroad books. However, did you know there's another way to help the forum? Most products you buy on Amazon will generate a small commission for the forum if you use one of our links to get there. So...
  5. bob

The bookstore is back to normal.

The recent problem with a flaky network interface card not only created hassles here at the forum, it ended up causing the bookstore software to delete all of the products in inventory, since they check stock daily, and if the item doesn't show as being in stock, it's deleted. Over a period of a...
  6. bob

Forum Software Upgrades Completed

We upgraded the forum software to the latest version. There shouldn't be any large changes, it's just a few minor fixes, a few improvements etc. You may have seen an HTTP 500 error Friday evening, that happened as the new files were replacing the old ones. During that process, the pages cannot...
  7. bob

Model Railroad Yards--Design for Operations

In this video we talk about model railroad yards--design for operations. Yard operations can be one of the most challenging and fun aspects of operations on your #model #railroad #layout. If you design for #operations before building your model railroad #yard it will operate more efficiently and...
  8. bob

Train Mountain Triennial

Every 3 years Train Mountain in Oregon hosts a huge live steam meet. Here's some video from this year's event.
  9. bob

The City Edge Layout Model Railroad with amazing Miniature Cars in HO scale

At the worlds largest model railway exhibition, called Miniature Wonderland, the small self-driving cars were used for the first time on model train layouts. They call it microcar, minicar, car system or Faller Car System, DC Car or simply model car. The city edge layout model railroad in HO...
  10. bob

ModelRailroadBookstore.com is back online!

Our model railroad bookstore page is back up and running again. The migration to the new server broke the old bookstore software and the site had to be totally rebuilt with new software. Now that the forum is working smoothly, we finally had some time to rebuild the bookstore and then start...
  11. bob

WalthersMainline HO Scale 40' AAR 1948 Boxcars

WalthersMainline HO Scale 40' AAR 1948 Boxcars Bangor & Aroostook #4035 New WalthersMainline 40' Association of American Railroads 1948-style boxcars were just announced in HO Scale! Available in three road numbers each for six different railroads, these models feature all the key...
  12. bob

Hogwarts Express - The world's biggest model train?

A joking comment to a new member reminded me of this train ride at Universal Studios. The Hogwarts Express is a shuttle that runs between two of the Universal Studio parks in Orlando, Florida. It is an amazing bit of theater. There are no windows on the train, instead, what look like windows are...
  13. bob

Postojna Cave Train ride [4K]

One of the most unusual railroads I've seen. A narrow gauge tourist railway mine through an underground cavern. Looks quite interesting. dulevoz Postojna Cave (Postojnska jama) Cave Train ride in both directions.
  14. bob

HO Scale Dash 8-40CM C40-8M Rapido Trains Product Review Video

TSG Multimedia Published on Dec 8, 2017 #trains #Rapido #CanadianNational #railroads This highly-anticipated model by Rapido is nicely detailed for a "budget" model, and runs very well. Find out the good and the bad in this review!
  15. bob

Walthers Cornerstone HO Scale Brickworks Series Kits

Brick Kilns Kit, 2-Pack New Cornerstone Brickworks Series industry announced today! This new series of HO scale kits makes modeling brickworks operations from the 1880s to 1990s easy and affordable. Optional parts in the Brick Kilns kit allows this common rail-served industry to be easily...
  16. bob

Unique Flatcar Load

Model railroaders seem to like unusual flatcar loads. Here’s a nice one for you. This is a large Cat Dozer being shipped, most likely destined for export.
  17. bob

Larger images now accepted for uploading. No need to resize your photos, we'll do it for you!

Now with even more image crunching goodness! Yep, that's right, you can now upload even larger files. This means you should be able to post directly from your camera or phone, without having to shrink the image. You can upload images up to 100 MP (Megapixels - Height x Width) and 50 MB...
  18. bob

Old Signs for Your Layout images fixed

I've managed to restore all of the images in the "Old Signs For Your Layout" thread, no more broken images. So you can now once again view and download the images. http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/signs-for-your-layout.20729/
  19. bob

Let's go bowling! Brunswick Bowling Golden Era Video

This has nothing to do with model trains, but it's a fun video. The recent promo video for the railroad crossing rubber flangeway system I posted reminded me of this one a bit, same chipper upbeat voice, telling you just how wonderful the product is. This is promo for Brunswick Gold Crown...
  20. bob

McAfee Safe Search Approved

Now that I've finished with all of the site upgrades and server migration, I decided to check and see what McAfee says about the site. They were the most common source of warnings on the previous software. Finally! A clean bill of health. Nice to know all of that time, effort and money I spent...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.