Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. CambriaArea51

Intermodal club module build

Me and another gentleman in our club are going to build 16' (8' each) of a small intermodal yard.Club specs are 4'x30" so not much room.Track sections are at 7.5",9.5" and 17" from the outside edge.An added run around 17 at 11.5" is for trains switching on the 17 to get by.This way container...
  2. CambriaArea51

JST connectors

I have an Atlas Dash 8-40CW I was wondering if anyone know what size the JST connectors are that connect to the motherboard.
  3. CambriaArea51

A few pics from the club layout

I was the only one there so CSX took over the rails.First pic a coal drag passing a set of car readers.Second is passing the horseshoe curve.Third is a heavy mixed freight at the curve.Fourth is a meet at the curve.
  4. CambriaArea51

Chessie news

I have emailed Scale trains about how they only ran the SD 40-2 in Chessie System one time and it sold out quick.They replied a while back saying they're looking into it. Watched a review on youtube about the SD40-2 and made a comment about the same engine and got a surprising reply.
  5. CambriaArea51

Changing lights in Athearn

Anyone change the bulbs in an Athearn genesis to leds.Wondering what wattage leds.
  6. CambriaArea51

UPS trailers

Well the pup trailers are done (one set) these are Herpa 28' painted gray,then hand painted the silver trim and lights.The tractor is custom painted,added correct grill and add air dam. The Martac is a refridged 53' (part of UPS) added the reefer,fuel tank,and scratch built the refrigeration...
  7. CambriaArea51

Tag axle dump trailer

Problem with buying stuff is everyone else has the same.I like to add/change to make it my own.You can buy 3 axle dumps now but normally the tag is single wheeled.In the world of I don't toss little parts out I use the leftover of a kadee couplers package to use as axle hangers.I can cut them to...
  8. CambriaArea51

Intermodal kitbash

I came across some Athearn 20' chassis kits.I made some 20'ers then wanted to make some 3 axle trailers I had seen.The trailers that I saw could haul 1 40' 2 20' or a single 20' in the center.
  9. CambriaArea51

Hello from WNY

Hello,I've been modeling HO scale for many years.Belonged to a couple of clubs,built modules but never a home layout.I plan to start that soon.I do a lot of scratch building with vehicles and train loads.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.