Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. MikeInHubCity

Running Bear’s November 2019 Coffee Shop

41(& plummeting) and rainy here. This time tomorrow supposed to be 19*.
  2. MikeInHubCity

Freaking Illinois Bastids/Biatches.
  3. MikeInHubCity

Normal is a city in the land of FIBs(aka Illinois). They used to build Mitsubishis there.
  4. MikeInHubCity

It would appear to be so, Chad. :(
  5. MikeInHubCity

Espeefan- nice haul from Trainfest. This year’s visit for me was more of a “look & see” at the various vendor & manufacturers booths. Definite plans to go back in 2 years, when the WC is the “celebrated railroad”. Greg- sounds like you’ve been getting more snow down your way than we’ve seen up...
  6. MikeInHubCity

Chet needs to close his eastern window, as well. Brrr
  7. MikeInHubCity

Greg- how much of the white veil did you end up with down your way? Here in the Hub City, we got about an inch or 2. Up Wausau way, they got about 2 scale feet(HO) or barely a dusting(in 1:1 scale).
  8. MikeInHubCity

Enjoy. Going to Trainfest in Milwaukee w/ MOH on Sunday.
  9. MikeInHubCity

PRR- maybe gs needs to have his IDK box upgraded to a Nothing Box. Maybe that will get him into less trouble.
  10. MikeInHubCity

M B Klein Closing Showroom

Louis- thank you for sharing personal experiences, both at the LHS that would run you off as a “go away, kid” but more importantly, your experiences with Ted Klein. Your description of Mr Klein taking the time to help you find some options that would satisfy your needs as a young man with a very...
  11. MikeInHubCity

Evening gents. Spent our joint day off running errands with MOH & then doing baskets of laundry at Mom’s as she has her own washer & dryer in her apartment. It’s been next to impossible to get into the laundry room in our building for the past almost 2 weeks. Every time we had a spare moment to...
  12. MikeInHubCity

Running Bear's October 2019 Coffee Shop

Sherrell- yes, that is a first. There have been a handful of 7 game WS where the home club only one once, but never were all 7 games were won by the road team. I think there’s only been a handful of Fall Classics when the home team has won every game. 1987 & 91 Twins(they just missed doing it in...
  13. MikeInHubCity

Cabooses? Or cabeese? I remember a thread aboot this but don’t recall what the consensus was for the correct plural version of caboose.
  14. MikeInHubCity

Or any other time of day.
  15. MikeInHubCity

Louis- that’s why(when I lived in South Jersey) anytime I was taking a trip down south, I wanted to be on the road by 3 am, so that I could be across the Potomac by 6:00.
  16. MikeInHubCity

Louis- BITD, there were “associations/rackets” of virtually ever ethnicity- not just the I-talians that Hollywood & pop-culture have imfamized. Just look who the biggest monster that “controlled”/corrupted Fulgencio Batista in Cuba in the ‘50’s. Meyer Lansky(along with Lucky Luciano) was with...
  17. MikeInHubCity

Chet- that last part about the expectation for people to understand the non-local language is the issue I have with many of the immigrants of the past couple decades. We get some callers at work who seem to have the attitude that we are inconveniencing them by not knowing their native tongue. I...
  18. MikeInHubCity

Good evening to all. Ken- glad to hear that YOH is home & doing better. Will be keeping you both in my prayers anyway. Sounds like having her home will be lowering you anxiety. *grabs a bucket o’ water in case Mikey’s cranial region smolders for too long. Had a fairly busy & productive...
  19. MikeInHubCity

The seeming unwillingness of incoming immigrants to learn English & assimilate themselves into their local community beyond the local enclave of their common ethnicity is why our nation has changed from the melting pot it once was, into more of a soup/stew.
  20. MikeInHubCity

I’d be ok with the Rays relocating to PQ. Hopefully, they could reinstate the Expos name/history(similar to what happened when the Stallions moved there(Alouettes) after the Ravens were known to be coming to Charm City). By staying in the AL East, they would become a natural rival with the Jays.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.