Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. Sirfoldalot

Running Bear’s November 2019 Coffee Shop

Johnny, Willie, IBKen, and others - Lots of good pictures and progress today. As PHIL would say: "Thanks for posting those!" Get your tickets while there is still seats available for the Impeachment hearing of the Century! Should be quite a circus? We don't like this guy - Let's get rid of...
  2. Sirfoldalot

Exactly what I am thinking too! OR -- The middle lane of the 7 lane freeway on a moonless night!
  3. Sirfoldalot

Southern Pacific Coast Line in HO

NOT in any means putting your current work down, but I think the "mockup" had more character. I do realize the space which was needed for it. An excellent work of detail though on the new one.
  4. Sirfoldalot

Thanks a bunch, GREG -- Just filled up my truck at Costco, cheapest anywhere, for $3.59 yesterday! I guess I will save the difference in home heating costs?
  5. Sirfoldalot

Good Morning - I thought that lady fainted from seeing the latest gasoline prices? I'll try and slip this by you shivering guys ... Supposed to be 85* today (was 83* yesterday). The record high for this date is 92* in 1999. I may have to switch from coffee to iced tea! Off to get the oil...
  6. Sirfoldalot

Morning from the West where it is 44* and calm heading only up to 80* this afternoon. Flash: Still no snow in sight! Have to make a run to the A/P down in San Diego to gather the Spousal Unit who is returning from her week back in North Carolina. I have not heard if she has made it onto the...
  7. Sirfoldalot

OK, see]ms we set a new record for the high temp yesterday of 90 degrees. The high today is only expected to reach 82* I might add that there is very little chance of snow for the next 10 days as well as slim chance of any moisture what-so-ever! Guess that I can leave the snow shovel packed...
  8. Sirfoldalot

Gorre & Daphetid revisited.

Rather not say anything, Alan.
  9. Sirfoldalot

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Awesome looking, JIM. I didn't think you wanted me to stop the other morning - it would have been around 5 AM as I dropped the Spousal Unit off at the A/P for a 6 AM departure. No excuse - I should have called you. I have to pick her up Monday evening ... I have not been told the flight nor...
  10. Sirfoldalot

Gorre & Daphetid revisited.

I probably won't follow it ... just became very disenchanted over the way he left!
  11. Sirfoldalot

A dumbell? Should have called it "JANE" (as in Fonda)!
  12. Sirfoldalot

Willie: That is exactly what I had in mind for the barn scene - well done! Alan: A very nice line-up of SP steam power. Which is your favorite - I know, I know - you like them all! TOM/LEE - When did the Autocar brand disappear? Someone buy them out, or did they just quit?
  13. Sirfoldalot

Morning - guess everyone's sleeping in today trying to stay warm - I'll let you have some of our heat! It's 50* on the way to 89* high today with a clear (choke) sky. The record high for this date is 88* in 2016, so it looks as if a new record will be made today. Daughter is back home - doped...
  14. Sirfoldalot

LEE - Glad you liked the photo. Interesting that you are familiar with the location. Your tractor - the Autocar - is a real gem. What year is it? I'm sorry to hear that you are selling it, but believe me I understand.
  15. Sirfoldalot

It is 80 years ago in 1939 and Frisco 1518 is at the east end of Pacific, MO with No. 7, the Bluebonnet. The engine is shut off and approaching her stop at Pacific. Prusia photo.
  16. Sirfoldalot

The Three Foot Rule

Good to Know!
  17. Sirfoldalot

OK // I'm up after staying up too late last evening. If you guys will stop complaining - I will share some of the 89 degree temperatures that we are forecast today! It's 48* as we speak with the record low on this date being 36* in 2000. The daughter is probably being wheeled into surgery...
  18. Sirfoldalot

One of the curses of (ahem) aging, GREG. I cannot walk much more than 1/2 mile before my hip starts hurting, and my leg just almost collapses. A real bitch when taking the dogs out for a walk. Some days are better than others. Steve alerts me with his weathering photos - that SOO cab is awesome!
  19. Sirfoldalot

The P/U is still behaving? What gives? It starts as soon as the key is turned, and has not sputtered at all. Johnny -- Man, you gotta do something about that HW crossing? Have never seen one that looked like that - LOL. Willie -- Cool scene of the guy getting a ticket! The city will have...
  20. Sirfoldalot

Morning Railroaders! Going up to 85* today and the usual clear; it was 81* YESTERDAY - presently 48* The daughter's arm is AFU .. lots of road rash and she will have the addition of a cadaver bone in her elbow due to her bone being shattered in that - one of the three breaks. You guys are...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.