Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. wvg_ca

this one first

just thought i'd say, that i check this one first now ... as a matter of habit ... seems to have more related to model railroading than other sites , and have been a member of quite a few .. and much less 'off topic' than other sites, a welcome change ..
  2. wvg_ca

10 cent ditch lights...:)

thought about adding some ditch lights to a Walthers GP15-1 when I installed a NCE dasr decoder, it had three spare functions, but didn't have any grain of rice bulbs, or even the nice ditch light housings... Found a photo of the prototype on the net UP1638, and it didn't have any ditch lights...
  3. wvg_ca

Spare Parts Resistance Welder

just thought I'd share a spare parts contraption that I built quite a while ago, for a much different purpose then, but works great for model railroading.. It's a resistance welder, not a soldering type, an actual metal welder for small scale hobby usage.. I use it to make replacement handrails...
  4. wvg_ca

Track to Track Spacing

Looking for a bit of input on Track to Track Spacing... read the NMRA pages, they helped some, but still not 'real sure' From what I can tell, on average, they prefer around 2 1/16" on straight, and on 18 / 20 " curves, it increases to 2 3/8" ... I don't intend to run any larger units that 4...
  5. wvg_ca

Layout #2 ideas....

Thinking about tearing down the old [and first] layout, and doing something a little larger, more straight track, more room for scenery, less switches.. anyway... this is ..kinda.. what I'm thinking about for the second layout, the smaller right hand side is basically what my current layout...
  6. wvg_ca

working signal stand for snap switches?

just wondering if there were any functional signal stands [or driver circuits], available for use with my atlas snap switches... I'm looking for lighted signal heads, not the movable type.. I know that it's pretty easy with the tortoise type, as they have the capability built into them ...
  7. wvg_ca

Custom Layout Design??

I'm new here...obviously from the post count...:) anyways, Is there 'custom layout design' available...? Basically I did my first layout last winter, pretty well done, or as far as it may get anyways... I basically just went ahead and started laying track all over the place until it was...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.