Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. The Great Divide

Comment by 'The Great Divide' in media 'Scratch built'

Love different structures that can only be hand made... Nice
  2. The Great Divide

Comment by 'The Great Divide' in media '20180617_134458.jpg'

That is a really nice photograph Chet.
  3. The Great Divide

Incorporating A Jack Post Column In The Layout

Wow what a photo BTW.... Copied it for later use Sherrell, totally going to use this when making the Devils Post Pile... See if I can't get mine to look more like the real thing. Thanks for posting this
  4. The Great Divide

Track Close Along a Wall Behind a Viewblock

I am not sure if I understand exactly what a view block is. but I had to check clearances on the back wall of Port and also the spacing of an inside and an outside track there. Long passenger coaches can cause issues on the inside clearances and especially with a larger engine on the inside...
  5. The Great Divide

The Great Divide Lines A tribute to John Allen and the Gorre & Daphetid

Well here's the Expandalot opening in fresh gray primer. Now the easy part to build the mirror illusion.... (smile face here)
  6. The Great Divide

Running Bear’s September 2019 Coffee Shop

Hey I ate at a place like Jacks once. Best food ever!
  7. The Great Divide

Laser Cutting, 3D Printing, Model Making and Restoration

I don't know John, I think having HO and OO in the same space might produce some very confusing offspring....? But welcome, lets see how it goes....!
  8. The Great Divide

Any ideas on how to add class lights to an engine?

Informative thread, it's funny but I think the new tiny LED's have created so many fantastic lighting features now that many of us skip the fiber optics and the younger guys will forget to even consider using this tried and true tool from the past. I have used fiber optics to bring light...
  9. The Great Divide

The little expandalot display will slow me down for a while Willie.... but I want to get it done before moving on. Have not given up on it yet... but it is a bear...
  10. The Great Divide

Comment by 'The Great Divide' in media 'u00.jpg'

Wow these signs are incredible... Have never seen many of these and there are thousands.... !
  11. The Great Divide

Have not had the plaster out and gotten dirty in years.. That was a totally fun two days work... Wow will I need more plaster when I get to the floor to ceiling scenery areas. BY the time I hit scalp mountain the honeymoon will be over and it will be a marathon. An enjoyable marathon but a...
  12. The Great Divide

Yes sir, I have so so much to still do.... keeping up with John is like trying to catch the Tasmanian Devil...! Just nice to get a little scenery done, I have been buried in the rivet counting on his bridges and buildings for a while now.
  13. The Great Divide

The color in the earlier photo's was a first spray in the previous photo's. These photo's are pretty close to the colors. And the focus is much better. I find that slightly darker rock color is good as the hydrocal or plaster does continue to suck in the pigment and over time this will...
  14. The Great Divide

And some rock scenery is finally in. It's a start anyway. The current limit of my Gorre & Daphetid engine roster is parked here. Will add the shay, the dockside, and the #60 gas car and then paint and letter all of these up for John's road. There's also some tender changes I have to do as...
  15. The Great Divide

Chet, yes indeed, John had all kinds of Varney equipment and various manufacturers items he would stage advertising photo shoots for. Not sure about Tyco but it's possible. But John had no diesels himself and he did not allow them on his layout from all reports. And yes indeed wood ties...
  16. The Great Divide

Just take your glasses off and keep going....you'll have a weathered, well aged, rustic railroad in no time... Willie.
  17. The Great Divide

Comment by 'The Great Divide' in media 'd44.jpg'

Wow I still can't get over the fantastic signage available here... !
  18. The Great Divide

Wow, someone totally screwed up that lower section of roof.. gotta slow down.....coffee anyone?
  19. The Great Divide

This Purina building is one of the very few kits John used.... and I am trying to stay as accurate as I can... he used the "Weekly Herald" building and/or Superior Bakery walls as well in various places. I have modified some of these walls, like he did, and made a mold now to recreate some of...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com