Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. G

Bachmann 44 tonner

I have searched around but haven't found any specific info on what decoder people have used to convert the Bachmann GE 44 tonners , anybody ? Which decoder fits best ?
  2. G

DCC finally

I received from Tony's my NCE power pro monday. Had the buss wires installed already, put one feeder to the main and ran my first ever DCC loco. Like a kid in a candy store. Still ripping up track for a small re-design so not much else will happen for a while, beside all my decoders I ordered...
  3. G

Sp Tiger Stripe Redux

Well I got the tiger stripe unit done finally. Thanks to all who chimed in and said go tiger stripe instead of grey/red. My apologies to Sante Fe fans , as this unit was a SF unit before stripping. :)
  4. G

SP Modelers opinions please

Just stripped down an Atlas S-2 , should I paint it in the black and orange tiger stripe or the classic grey and red ? I like both and am looking for a concensus vote.
  5. G

Strip Mall project

I did post this across the street too, but I'm starting another building project. I want to build a small strip mall on my layout , after finally getting some parts in from Walthers I started today. Below is picture of laying out the door ways to four stores and windows for the same. Using pike...
  6. G

my homemade stucco city hall

Posted this across the street also. :) For Better or worse, here is my long standing project to get a stucco building for my layout because no one seems to produce one. HO guys. 1. I cheated a bit , Walthers did finally produce a misson style station and freight house, so , I purchase and...
  7. G

My fanatical obsession bordering on insanity

I did post this on another forum, but thought I'd drop it in here too. I am attempting to build a model of a GE 7FDL engine. This is the latest photo showing the heads and turbo installed. The block is a resin casting of the master I made. The progressive photos are on my photobucket under...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com