Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. gngsquared

Final Plan, but with adjustments...

It has been a tough row. Dozens of failures, hundreds of frustrations, and many a curse, but I have what I will be building. Not a prototype, not a real place, just a little slice of WV I remember as a kid visiting my Grandparents. HO scale, Peco code 83 main, code 70 sidings. 1965 in the...
  2. gngsquared

New Layout, Needs some, make that a lot, of Help

OK, so I have decided to go with HO scale and code 100 for my layout. I chose HO due to my comfort level with that size, bad eyes and old hands. I chose code 100 since it will allow the most interchange of manufacturers parts. I would also like to use DCC for the control system. I used a couple...
  3. gngsquared

Old Guy, New Hobby

Hello. I tried posting an introduction several days ago and I guess it just didn't post. I was looking for a new hobby since the ones I used to enjoy are no longer viable due age, wife's objections, etc. So I was looking for something that would make use of the skillsets that I have acquired...
  4. gngsquared

Just Starting on This New Adventur

Hello. I am in the Richmond, VA area and have been lurking on this site for a while now trying to soak up all the information that I can. I have found that there is a LOT of knowledgeable friendly people here and I plan on making use of every bit of it. I was born in WV, small coal mining...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com