Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. T.C.

How can I "destatic" the grass and tools?

As the old line goes "that's what she said". I ask my wife and that's just what she suggested I do, try a dryer sheet........................didn't work. T.C.
  2. T.C.

How can I "destatic" the grass and tools?

I built a static grass applicator and it all works fine, except for one thing............How do I get this grass not to stick to "everything" ? This stuff goes everywhere and is hard to clean up due to the fact it wants to continue to stick even after the power is turned off. I know women have...
  3. T.C.

Question about protecting a product idea

I've always heard if it's that good of an idea to just go ahead and make/sell it . Because once the cat is out of the bag someone will change your design in the smallest way, call it there's and "they" will make and sell it therefore beating you out of all the glory and money. If it's really...
  4. T.C.

Train room electronics question

Thanks for the replies, that's a lot of info on AC led's, I'll bookmark the page for the future. I did find bulbs to replace the fuse bulbs, the other bulb looks like a large bullet bulb (about 1/2")with two wires coming from it. I'm sure I can find a 12v bulb to replace it ? I would post a...
  5. T.C.

I found them, at Electronic Goldmine https://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G22717 They didn't have the bulb for the pointer but I think I can rig up something? T.C.
  6. T.C.

Yes I did, I also tried DigiKey, All elect. and a few others. The one bulb is what they call a "fuse bulb" the other bulb looks more like a large grain of wheat bulb. I thought about just putting LED's in but I don't think they work on AC ? Also regular size grain of wheat bulbs are to small and...
  7. T.C.

I don't know if this is the correct place for this ? Here goes anyway......... I have an old Panasonic Quad receiver under the layout that still works all except for the display lights. Seems someone left it on(me) and the bulbs have burnt out, I would really like to get this going with the...
  8. T.C.

PWM Throttle circuit board

So where can I find out more about this ? I am looking for a "good" throttle for HO DC using a combination of can and older open frame motors, mostly steam. Thanks T.C.
  9. T.C.

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

I guess ya made it, congrats ! T.C.
  10. T.C.

Pre War OO Lionel

I didnt realize I still have this stuff, I came across it the other day and thought I would post it again ? I'm not an eBay seller and would rather sell with out all the drama. If interested send me an email. Thanks T.C.
  11. T.C.

Anyone else getting this upon LogIn?

Are you using "internet Explorer "? I was getting error messages and having trouble loading pages from multiple sites and had to change my browser from IE as they are no longer providing support for it. I switched to Firefox and all is good . T.C.
  12. T.C.

40 TON COALING TOWER

Thanks for the reply Bob I guess this is one of those "use your imagination things" ? T.C.
  13. T.C.

40 TON COALING TOWER

Thanks for the reply Jeff This is similar to the coaling tower I'm talking about except mine has no stares or landings or hoist bucket. The kit is put out by Kanamodel out of Canada, I have contacted them and received no help other than my kit has been discontinued. The pictures are of the...
  14. T.C.

40 TON COALING TOWER

Hi, I have an old Kanamodel kit that I bought about 30-35 years ago #106c 40 ton coaling tower, I assembled the kit and then life happened (wife and kids) so it's been sitting all this time. Now the kids are grown and I have time to resume the layout I started way back when, so I am looking at...
  15. T.C.

Bowser M-1 Mountain (brass)

So I'll just leave it as is, it has a clear lacquer coat on it. That was easy........lol T.C.
  16. T.C.

Thanks again I emailed Bowser yesterday and got a reply from Lee English who gave me a part number and suggest I look a the hoseeker.com web site for the instructions for the kit. Only problem is the kit part number and Lee's numbers aren't the same ? So I will have to get back with him and see...
  17. T.C.

Thanks I will give that a try, I looked over there site and seen only one worm with a shaft but with out a part number I'm shooting in the dark. T.C.
  18. T.C.

Thanks for the replies Haven't tried looking for the part yet, ya think Bowser still has parts for something this old ? Don't know if it's rare but it is solid cast brass (weighs a ton). I would like to know if it is rare and how old it may be ? Thank T.C.
  19. T.C.

Found this in a old box today, I have the parts to fix the side rod but I am missing the worm gear and shaft that connects to the rubber motor connector. Any Ideas where I can find one ? Thanks T.C.
  20. T.C.

Logan Valley

Pictures ? .................................I don't see no pictures ? T.C.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com