Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. Greg@mnrr

Running Bear’s August 2019 Coffee Shop

Have to correct my spell check...its changing words after I've typed them and miss misspells words. I'm the worst speller and really need spell check. My household jobs are all done including one unexpected one. The Mrs. purchased a new grill from a big box store and if I've seen a floor...
  2. Greg@mnrr

Good Morning Train Fans.................overcast and humid in this part of Wisconsin. Replaced the fill valve yesterday and it took less than 15 minutes. Nice when everything goes correctly. Today's project is some watering when the Mrs. finishes cutting the front lawn. Then some lunch and...
  3. Greg@mnrr

ACK! I've gone to the dark side!

Rico: Send one of BNSF locomotives or both to me to break them in for you while you finish your new basement and start a layout. The BNSF color scheme is one of my favorites and the first new DCC locomotives that I purchased was a BNSF - GP38. Your locomotives will make a great consist...
  4. Greg@mnrr

Need More Inspiration or Movation to Work on or Start Your Layout?

Goodwill. I'm doing just that for room for a layout expansion. Greg
  5. Greg@mnrr

Beady: I was lucky that in around 1990 my company sent me to Disney World to attend one of the Disney's week long Disney University courses. I attended the Magic of Landscaping, but it covered a lot of the Disney philosophy and the logic behind what Disney does at their parks and not just...
  6. Greg@mnrr

A returning modeler on a mission

Great Divide....great Face Book pages and impressive work! I missed the link at first since and when I did see it, I'm not a Facebook member and didn't think I could access the pages. I when back and could see the pages and what a good start to the layout and tribute to John Allen. Nice to...
  7. Greg@mnrr

Patrick: Willie made some comments based on his personal experience and I respect his comments. I just want to add that if you install brass turnouts in the future the NS replacements that you may use in the future may have different diverting routs, the turnouts could be longer or shorter...
  8. Greg@mnrr

Well...beautiful and sunny in Wisconsin. The fill valve I installed several days ago is defective so here I go installing a second fill valve. %$^&000!@# No model railroading today. Greg
  9. Greg@mnrr

A returning modeler on a mission

Randy: Welcome back to the Forum. You have a great start to your new empire and it shows real craftsmanship in your work. It will be an interesting project to use DC and control panels, meters and controls similar to what John Allen used on his layout. DC is your choice and I know many...
  10. Greg@mnrr

Patrick: I would strongly recommend not to mix brass with NS track. Brass is more or less a thing of the pass in my opinion. The brass does need cleaning more often than NS. Also, the older brass turnouts may have a different diverting route configuration than newer Custom Line or other...
  11. Greg@mnrr

Hey Willie....I have a bottle of Maker's Mark behind my bar for at least 10 years unopened. I'm not a whiskey drinker other than Southern Comfort. Just waiting for the right group to open the seal and pour from the bottle. Greg
  12. Greg@mnrr

Need More Inspiration or Movation to Work on or Start Your Layout?

Just looking at John Allen's work should provide you with enought inspiration for you to work on or start your layout. I found this beauty while looking for material on John Allen. Photo- gdlines.info Wow in color.....! Greg
  13. Greg@mnrr

Good Afternoon Everyone...partly sunny. The trains were postponed today since my half hour job to replace a toilet flushing valve in the half bath turned into four hours. The commode is between a cabinet and a wall so working room is at a premium. The connection for the wall supply to the...
  14. Greg@mnrr

Layout Eye Line

Jim: The added height of the layout adds I believe more dimension to the layout and the illusion of distance. There's is a lot of layout below the higher areas of the layout to maintain interest. The turnouts leading into the mine hoppers are hidden from view, but the signals on the mine...
  15. Greg@mnrr

NEW VIDEO! Steel mill modeling AMAZING VIEWS!

An amazing industry! Greg
  16. Greg@mnrr

Good Morning Everyone.....rain last night which we needed. Now over-cast. Willie: The FM radio was simply a non-stereo, single speaker radio that I had to special order with I purchased the VW. FM stations were few and far between in 1973. At night we would listen to Wolfman Jack from...
  17. Greg@mnrr

Patrick: Installing coiled garage door springs can be dangerous. Be careful if you tackle the job yourself. Greg
  18. Greg@mnrr

Sealing weathering powders

Toot: I like the roof weathering on the Rail Link car. Greg
  19. Greg@mnrr

Layout Eye Line

Jim: I'm at 5'10 or 11" or there a bouts. I'm one of those who believe model railroads look the best when viewed at near eye level rather than looking down on the layout and that why I suggested 48-50 inches for the upper level of the new layout. On my CM&NR there is a section of the layout...
  20. Greg@mnrr

Good Morning Everyone.....sunny and nice. I remember the VW Beetles since I once had three of the neat vehicles. My first was a new I believe 1973 Super Beetle, Orange with a Moon Roof, FM radio, Baha wheels and fog lights. It was my favorite one of the bunch. Then I traded it in on a new...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com