Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. railBuilderDhd

Does anyone remember this structure?

Made me think of the Bady Bunch house. Lol Dave
  2. railBuilderDhd

Fixing Atlas Custom Line turnouts

Thanks for the pictures. I see now what is done. Dave
  3. railBuilderDhd

Hello From Hobbytronics

Love to know more about what you offfer. Welcome. Dave
  4. railBuilderDhd

Fixing Atlas Custom Line turnouts

I would like to see the jumper wire as well ted. Dave
  5. railBuilderDhd

CSX RAILROAD BRIDGE BY DRONE!!

That would be so great. I’m going to try and get up there in the next few months but I will give you time to make plans. How cool. Dave
  6. railBuilderDhd

Decoder Manufacture for the Bachmann GE 70 Tonner

what’s a good option to get to add a sound decoder to those locos? Dave
  7. railBuilderDhd

CSX RAILROAD BRIDGE BY DRONE!!

Hey DJ I’m enjoying your YouTube videos and often chat with you there. I just realized you are here as well. We need to talk some time about places to go exploring in Pitt next time I’m up there. Dave
  8. railBuilderDhd

Walthers Mainline vs Athearn Roundhouse

Can someone tell me what is the best sound decoder for the Athearn Roundhouse AC4400 locos? I got one so I can model the train in unstoppable. My son loves that movie. Dave
  9. railBuilderDhd

Fun with Arduino - a Series of Introductory Videos

I started working with these a long time ago but it’s been a few years now since I’ve had a chance to make anything with these yet. I will keep up with this and contribute as I can. Dave
  10. railBuilderDhd

Foam Fumes

the respirator is a must when indoor foam cutting with a hot wire. Just my thoughts after I got my first smell of that when I first cut foam. Dave
  11. railBuilderDhd

UTLX decals.

What Tony said, Matt has great looking decals and I have plans to get custom decals made there. Dave
  12. railBuilderDhd

Reading electronic schematics

Hi Frederick, I will work up an email with examples of the differences I question for youto review. I'll send those along with the PDF file you you. We can discuss more there and follow up here with the findings. Thanks. Dave
  13. railBuilderDhd

Running Bear's Coffee Shop May 2018

Wow that is a great picture! I would love to see more of the pictures you had sometime. Dave
  14. railBuilderDhd

I assume the small differences I see on the components wouldn't make a big difference but I would like to ask and learn as I just don't know. I feel better about building this myself if I know the whole picture and know I'm not going to blow up my home doing it (LOL). I know that the amount of...
  15. railBuilderDhd

Just joined and saying hello.

Hi Fred. Welcome back to the hobby and I can tell that all those things that are so new to you will be fun and exciting to learn and use in your new adventure. I can tell you that this forum will be a great resource to have to help learn all those things you want to update yourself to the...
  16. railBuilderDhd

I was thinking of using 1/4 since I have handful of different 1/4 watt resistors. For the capacitors I wondered if the only information provided (the uF size) is all I need to worry about. The full-wave bridge I noticed there are different sizes that have some settings like the mA each one is...
  17. railBuilderDhd

I was looking at some schematics about DCC signal to Arduino to use DCC to operate the Arduino. The schematic I have found it very detailed but many of the items listed do not have all the specs so I'm not sure what components to purchase. I know I'm very new at electronics so I wanted to know...
  18. railBuilderDhd

Homemade Fire Hoses?

I can't wait to see what you came up with. Dave
  19. railBuilderDhd

Paint removal

Pine Sol cleaner has worked for me before but be sure to wear gloves, TRUST ME!! And the model smells so nice when you are done LOL. dave

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com