Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. logandsawman

Running Bear's July 2019 Coffee Shop

Good afternoon all, I had such a busy morning couldn't even check my emails. We hit 91 today with humidity, I did some sweating running a concrete test in the height of it. Tomorrow I need to be at a job site at 6 am. Luckily it is friday. Johnny, at least the case and ford decals turned...
  2. logandsawman

Good morning, 70 and sunny, headed for 91! Should get off early today, no weather interruptions expected in the taxiway construction project we are working on. Looks like I may be working Saturday so probably won't be making any progress on my projects. Colonoscopy-- the worst part of mine...
  3. logandsawman

Good morning, 70 and sunny. Pretty consistent temps throughout the nation this morning? Not much new right now, arrived for my first assignment this morning at 5:30 only to find the job was cancelled due to heavy rains last night. At least I will be getting off work early! Will share this...
  4. logandsawman

If this was a normal size tick probably not lymes, however when I got lymes disease the first symptoms were the fatigue followed by a red rash which eventually appeared over several areas of my body. This is very serious so please see a doctor if symptoms persist. Lymes totally knocked me out...
  5. logandsawman

Hey Patrick, you got a load of cool stuff there. Way to go! I am thinkin the grandson should be super happy with his setup! Dave
  6. logandsawman

Chet-- I just had to go back and look. Since they all line up on the edge (looking back along all 4 cars) I will call it camera angle. Doubt If I could have gotten all of them wrong the same way. By the way, very nice residential scene! The wrecker is deluxe! Dave
  7. logandsawman

Good morning all, Willie-- we woke up with a 74 on the thermometer. Yesterday hit 93 here. What kind of birds are those? Ken-- praying for your surgery THANKS for the likes and comments on the new depot. Here is another angle where the front shows: more later, Dave
  8. logandsawman

Good morning guys, we are headed for 91 today. Yesterday we left the air off all day and it was 85 in here at 7pm. Bothers my wife way more than me. Today we started the air at 8 am. Willie-- I like the Excavator load best, Nice Job! Here is how far I got on the depot. Have to add some...
  9. logandsawman

New Layout for LASM

THANKs guys for the compliments on the shingles. These were the prototype that came with the kit. Maybe the asphalt were more fire resistant? Sherrel, the paint is Tamiya XF-7, flat red.
  10. logandsawman

New Layout for LASM

THANKS Sherrel, for checking it out! I made a bunch more progress today, got the roof in place, trim boards, and the shingles are applied, came up with a neat technique for making a real asphalt appearance on the shingles: First, I sprayed the sheet with flat black, then sprinkled (using a...
  11. logandsawman

My migraines come in clusters, then I can go months without one. Am training in an intern at work and felt on the verge of one yesterday afternoon. When it is hot and there is a lot of unwanted stimulation it seems I am most vulnerable. Fortunately, mine only last an hour or so. However, as...
  12. logandsawman

Good morning all, I don't have to work today so have some time to look at photos and posts. CHET-- the club photos are super! The pile up of ore cars must have been something, also LOVE the Challenger. Sherrel-- hope you survive the campout Curt-- very interesting project! Maybe get more...
  13. logandsawman

Good morning, 70 headed for 90. Willie-- we have several Tesla's in the Twin Cities. They only seem to come in like 3 colors. Lots of BMW, Lexus, Jaguar on the roads here as well. Those new Suburbans, too. I think they run close to $90,000. People like to flaunt money here as much as...
  14. logandsawman

Greg,Garry-- thanks for the comments on the photo About Jeffrey, I remember a photo where he had some Bachmann ez track and regular atlas attached, something I was surprised to see but something I have done on numerous occasions He also did a lot of stuff with computers and stuff I did not...
  15. logandsawman

Good morning, all, 70 and sunny, headed for 75! Looking to shape up for a beautiful day! Willie: Really nice flat car loads. Mine usually run empty, or I put logs on them Ken: Prayers for your health Sherrel: smart solution to your steps repair! Will share another picture of my Wyoming...
  16. logandsawman

Good morning, 72 and sunny, headed for 83. Yesterday was a little muggy but a comfortable 86, nice breeze blowing. Patrick-- what a buy! It will take you a week just to go through everything! Louis-- looks like you had a great 4th Willie-- I like the culvert load best, super realistic...
  17. logandsawman

Greg, our land is just west of Sandstone, MN; half way between Sandstone and Finlayson.
  18. logandsawman

Good morning all, looks like Beady is keeping everyone on their toes! We were up north for the weekend, had beautiful weather . Mowed and cut down some more trees. Purchased a Coleman screen canopy tent and slept in that with a big air mattress. We both slept well, however no owls or cyotes...
  19. logandsawman

New Layout for LASM

Thanks, Alan. I was disappointed to find some of the details to not match the photo, however the roof line and dimensions are very similar. I think my prototype may be a slightly earlier version of the company depot purchased. I have decided to go with it anyway. A couple differences, first...
  20. logandsawman

Good morning all, sunny and 72, headed for 85. We ended up with rain yesterday, so postponed our campout one day. Headed up north in an hour or so. THANKS for the likes on the layout shots. Garry CBQ- looks like someone fell over in the parade. Heat exhaustion? Chet--more nice scenes...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com