Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. tootnkumin

What Do you Use As a Fade Coat for Your Weathering Projects?

Did you pull it apart into it's individual bits Ken? or did you mask the "glass" and number boards?
  2. tootnkumin

Running Bear's July 2019 Coffee Shop

The fact that the window sills have been cast/molded to be concrete, helps with making the internal walls not look out of place.
  3. tootnkumin

Hopefully the bride and groom are alive for the wedding??
  4. tootnkumin

I have two, very similar to that. It's definitely not a Norscot. The ones I've got were produced under the Trucks'n'Stuff label, the same #972K. Several features distinguish it, Now it is produced by Diecast Masters, at an increased price and comes in a fancy tin instead of a card box with...
  5. tootnkumin

Adding LED's to Athearn Blue Box GP's

Nice and bright. Actually, I wish they had retained the BB models lenses for their method of transferring light. It also lights the number boards too. On the Athearn SD40 from the later model I referred to, and Genesis ones too, they use grain of wheat bulbs for each light on the ends of wires...
  6. tootnkumin

Coupler Misalignment

Yes, they do
  7. tootnkumin

My attempts at weathering

Dry brushing with oils? When I've tried it I tend to forget to wipe off the paint in the brush to a minimum with predictable results.
  8. tootnkumin

Or swung first.
  9. tootnkumin

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

I wished you good fortune 'cause I hate it when the surgeon says to you just as they wheel you through the theater door "Good luck".
  10. tootnkumin

When you see his front, it's scary 'cause you know he's coming for you. When you see his back, it's usually when you're on yours, and he just ran over you. If you can see it then, at least you're still alive.
  11. tootnkumin

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Good fortune.
  12. tootnkumin

Coupler Misalignment

Yes, it's a hay burning 1GG.
  13. tootnkumin

If there's several bidders, they get up to a figure fairly early, then stop. Nothing happens then till the last minute at the earliest, The last 10 seconds is when it gets serious or not. That's when you put in your max bid a take pot luck.
  14. tootnkumin

ACK! I've gone to the dark side!

Nothing like some punkin' pie.
  15. tootnkumin

I bought a couple of Bachmann MRL gondolas because they had scrap loads included. They were almost all bits of steam locos and the castings were short by about 3/8" overall. They had filled the space left at each end with bits of black foam. This was definitely NIB, because I've seen others the...
  16. tootnkumin

And I've not long had breakfast.
  17. tootnkumin

Correct Abbreviation for the Chicago and Northwestern Railroad

When did reporting marks become mandatory on US railroads? I've Googled this question in several different ways without gaining a definitive answer. Plenty of info about them, what they do, lists of them etc, etc. but nothing as to when they became required, or legislated by anybody. They're...
  18. tootnkumin

I left it open for personal infill. Tastes vary......yetch!!
  19. tootnkumin

Whatever turns yer....................................................That certainly did.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com