Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. NYC_George

My Erie 607 being checked out & fueled

Your Right. Didn't they merge at some point?
  2. NYC_George

My Erie 607 being checked out & fueled

My Erie 607 being checked out and fueled.
  3. NYC_George

RR Bridge Fire

Have you ever been to Maybrook Albert? There's a sign there that reads, Maybrook Yard 1,500 people use to work here.
  4. NYC_George

Abandon NH photos near my house

I was still there in 1981 Albert but not for long. The Long Island RR was in the news tonight concerning some shady over time deals. This is a true story. I took a hosteling job in Croton Harmon. They told me if you have to make a dead engine move put in for 4 hours overtime on your pay slip...
  5. NYC_George

Coaling trestle

That's something Albert. Did you spot cars on the Wassic coaling trestle to? It's just up the road a few miles. I worked on the Chatham switcher for about 2 years. That's when Chatham was still a station. I was a member of the Harlem Valley Golf Club just a stone's throw from the trestle. A lot...
  6. NYC_George

RR Bridge Fire

The person who bought it never got around to selling it for scrap. The state took ownership for unpaid taxes. Then the state made it a part of it's railtrail network.
  7. NYC_George

RR Bridge Fire

I'm not sure who owned the bridge at the time but Conrail ended up selling it for one dollar. George
  8. NYC_George

Albert I guess you never you crossed the Hudson on to Maybrook yard. I worked on the NH at Oak Point & Hunts Point Market's yards switching cars all night.
  9. NYC_George

RR Bridge Fire

This is what did in the NH railroad branch line that passed by my house. The trestle that crossed the Hudson river in Poughkeepsie, NY caught fire and was never used again.
  10. NYC_George

Coaling trestle

Ianacole there was a coal chute in the middle of the trestle. It's barely visible in the photos. The coal was dumped down the shut and on to a conveyor belt. Loagansawman The power plant supplied power for 27 large buildings. The hospital was built in 1938 and closed in 1984. In was never...
  11. NYC_George

Coaling trestle

Here's a few other photos I found on an old hard drive. I actually put cars on this trestle. The Harlem Valley Psychiatric Center power plant burned up 4 cars a week. The Hospital closed in 1984. A big mistake letting out all the mentally ill.
  12. NYC_George

In the early ninety 100 car freight trains where still going over the 10ft 9in bridge in the 2nd photo. The blue looking substance on the bottom of the I girder is glass from campers over the 10ft 9in height requirement. The line is now in the process of being a rail trail. George
  13. NYC_George

I was deleting some files on an old hard drive and found these abandon NH line photos. The line runs about a mile from my house crossing the Hudson river in Poughkeepsie, NY.
  14. NYC_George

Walther's double crossover problems?

Why NP22626? I don't need to do anything. As long as the route is aligned I have no problems. It's an insulfrog switch. I did have to expand the insulfrog with some nail polish. George
  15. NYC_George

Walther's double crossover problems?

I didn't want to steal another's members thread with this video so I decided start my own thread. I'm not sure what the problem with the Walther's double crossover is. I had a few shorts occurring on the crossover part of the switch but I solved the problem by expanding the insulated areas with...
  16. NYC_George

Double-Crossover Dissection, particularly Shinohara

Beiland I'm not sure where these switches are located on your layout but mine happen to be right in front of my controller. I saved the price of 4 tortoise's and created a mechanical setup.
  17. NYC_George

Double-Crossover Dissection, particularly Shinohara

I have one of these switches. It gets used more then any other switch. The only thing I had to do is add some nail polish to expand the insulated zones. George
  18. NYC_George

Running Bear's April 2019 Coffee Shop

I like the fact that it doesn't come in a plastic bottle.
  19. NYC_George

Running Bear's April 2019 Coffee Shop

Montanan I've never had much luck with PT's. After 4 visits I've had enough, no improvement in my sciatic nerve problem. Going to see a neurologist May 9 maybe I'll do better there. My wife and I pay a lot money for our health insurance. I'd rather pay it then have the government decide who I...
  20. NYC_George

Laying Rail in my Helix, hints/suggestions

Could you post the layout plans. I just want to see if you have any reverse loop problems concerning the helix? George

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com