Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. DakotaLove39

Time for me to show off!

Latest addition to my fleet. ScaleTrains Rivet Counter SD40-2, MILW #156 Bicentennial. I will admit mine is a little rough around the edges. The MU ports need to be fixed so they are straight, same with the rear handrail stanchions, and the engineer side air reservoir fell off. Am I mad? No...
  2. DakotaLove39

Project Log: Lionel HO Freedom Train

Oh, wow. I've not heard of them before, but they appear to have a pretty good selection of heavies. Nice!
  3. DakotaLove39

It's really quite frustrating. I now own three Bachmann steamers and they all can't pull what they theoretically should be able to, and the AFT theme kind of ties up one hand in helping this 4449 wrestle with a train. The Lionel cars, as standard, weigh about 3-4oz so I am hoping to keep my...
  4. DakotaLove39

North Metro MRRC

More DMIR from my friend. These SD38's are his first venture into the world above train set trains. They're a little on the weak side but they do OK on the normal mainline.
  5. DakotaLove39

North Metro MRRC

Had some fun at the club last night. Both 2-10-2's are mine, being operated and photographed by my friend.
  6. DakotaLove39

Time for me to show off!

Orange invasion of North Metro MRRC. :cool: Sad part is that this is only about half of my MILW collection.
  7. DakotaLove39

Spring floods caused some serious issues

Hey, I have one of those!
  8. DakotaLove39

North Metro MRRC

I agree. I've spent a lot of time around Brainerd and Sandstone, MN this past year. The areas around each on the layout look very legit, although Hinckley, Sandstone and other towns such as Askov were skipped due to space. When you actually run the layout, trains pass through known towns in a...
  9. DakotaLove39

North Metro MRRC

last I heard was 46 keyed members, plus three without keys. Also you had me do a double-take, because there's a well-known Greg in the Twin Cities area who models GN, MN&S and DMIR in HO Scale. His scenery looks like what's in your profile pic.
  10. DakotaLove39

North Metro MRRC

Here we go, a few more scenes from this past weekend. I had to let my DMIR 2-10-2 roam a bit more. Here she is heading into Duluth from the Hinckley sub. And since our club ore cars are undergoing cleaning and maintenance I took a few out for a spin to check the work. MILW MP15's out for a...
  11. DakotaLove39

April 2019 photo fun

I heard this weekend that it took three years to complete it.
  12. DakotaLove39

Thanks Otis. I had forgotten I was going to do a progress update about my 4449. I did in fact playtest the loco with my 10-car Hiawatha consist. The reason I chose my Hiawatha is because it is perhaps my single heaviest train when assembled (about 3-1/2 pounds altogether) and best-maintained...
  13. DakotaLove39

April 2019 photo fun

I submit this, easily my favorite photo ever taken so far. My MILW 'Orange Storm' consist leading its train over the trestle on the North Metro Cambridge line. Would look better if my locos were weathered. All good things in time.
  14. DakotaLove39

North Metro MRRC

It's official! I'm now a member of this club and very excited about it. Yesterday I was called up to proof some of my equipment on the layout for the upcoming Saturday open house, meaning I had to run my selected trains five times around the layout to make sure they wouldn't have a problem. I...
  15. DakotaLove39

Time for me to show off!

Hey guys, I've been busy browsing, buying and selling. I sold off two of my GP60M's, my SD75M, and my ES44AH to acquire some other things. The roster has changed quite a bit since my last post. Sadly a couple club members have passed and their collections went up for sale. I got this Athearn...
  16. DakotaLove39

North Metro MRRC

Sure! Better yet they want me to come back on the 27th of this month to run during another open house event. This time I will be bringing my "home road" Milwaukee power and maybe some modern UP. Hopefully I can capture some BN/MILW meetups!
  17. DakotaLove39

North Metro MRRC

AFAIK no one there does. Some fellows have a few DM&IR pieces, but the Missabe presence is surprisingly small for having big ol' DULUTH on the layout. One guy does have an ad-hoc Yellowstone in the form of some other kind of big articulated. My buddy John also has this NP girl: I'd love a...
  18. DakotaLove39

Removal of some of the tungsten putty did not seem to affect my 4449 on saturday, so it seems that the front truck works best with about 1/8th oz of extra weight added to it. My engine did find one switch on the North Metro layout that it did not like, but it's a switch at the peak of an uphill...
  19. DakotaLove39

North Metro MRRC

Thanks folks, I built some friendships within North Metro on Saturday so I'll be sure pass on the compliments. I never shared my photos from the March 2019 open house! Oops. Also as far as communication at this club I noticed a big rack of Midland walkies and headsets. Along with that are CCTV...
  20. DakotaLove39

North Metro MRRC

Ain't it amazing what happens in a few months? I buy a GP60M from one guy, I start talking to others, next thing I know I am invited to operate at this club as a guest during an open house event. I was at North Metro with two of my own trains for about 12 hours this past Saturday. I made sure to...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com