Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. Hawkesburytrain

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

My new acquisition, the Royal Hudson.
  2. Hawkesburytrain

Thanks Greg, That's the early fall section of the layout, got a bit done on the summer, late fall. Working on winter and spring.
  3. Hawkesburytrain

Thanks, The Canadian is in its box, funny you asked because I finally found one 2 months ago after searching for 4 years. The RDC is also in its box, I still have to finish the 2 train stations.
  4. Hawkesburytrain

Sherrel, I got it from an online hobby shop. If you do a search for "Athearn RTR HO Scale: Yard Tractor - CP Rail" You might find some still available
  5. Hawkesburytrain

Yhanks, will get back to you, I'll check my bills to see where it came from. Thanks Rick. Thanks Dave, It was my first ever scratched buildings when I first started. Used foam core and rapped it with sewing thread. Thanks Chet, always appreciated.
  6. Hawkesburytrain

Back up, back up, ok lets go.
  7. Hawkesburytrain

National Model Railroad Association - Achievement Award

Dave, I don't think anybody mentioned that it was a competition or a contest, like you said it's about reaching the 87.5 points. You're also NOT competing against prototype because I was told that a lot of things I've done (articles, buildings, etc) would qualify for an achievement and I'm...
  8. Hawkesburytrain

Thanks Willie, Yes those very long winters and the passion for this hobby.
  9. Hawkesburytrain

Hi Greg, Two people from the NMRA came over to my house today to evaluate what I had done so far on my layout, to see if I would qualify for the Golden Spike Award. After spending 1 1/2 hrs looking at my layout, me explaining my layout and how I had done things, they said I had done more than...
  10. Hawkesburytrain

Thanks Yannis WOW, 2 replies out of 600 views.... This place hasn't changed a bit in the past year. This forum is dying, except for the coffee shop of course. Social media is the place to be. Same picture, more than 5,000 views and 140 replies (just for your info)
  11. Hawkesburytrain

Thanks Sherrel, I really appreciate.
  12. Hawkesburytrain

Been working on my swing gate for the last month, now I just need to install it. Should of build the gate first.
  13. Hawkesburytrain

Laying Rail in my Helix, hints/suggestions

Absolutely not. There is no ballast on the pictures. I had my layout printed 1:1, installed roadbed where the tracks were going to be and held with push pins on 1/2 inch plywood. Then the tracks were laid on the roadbed center. Once each circle done, they were than assemble one at a time because...
  14. Hawkesburytrain

Thank you both Willie and trailrider. Thanks Greg, I see him at the NMRA meetings every month, he's doing well, but he's got another hobby now, photography.
  15. Hawkesburytrain

Where is everone?

Chuck, unfortunately lots of people don't know how to use the social media platform. For example, when I see a post that I like, I will save it, therefore if it gets buried, I don't care because it is saved in my list so that I can go back to it any time. People that are scared of their identity...
  16. Hawkesburytrain

Where is everone?

I personally went to better pastures where more people are involve. I still stick around in case some valuable info would help me in my layout. But I've noticed that if you want coffee, talk about temperature and post a few pictures here and there, this is the place. If you post in another...
  17. Hawkesburytrain

Laying Rail in my Helix, hints/suggestions

I made my circles first, added the roadbed, than the tracks. Once all of them done I just needed to assemble them, add the road bed and track missing to join each circle. I used carpenter glue for the roadbed and white glue for the tracks. I used a paper template for my roadbed and the tracks...
  18. Hawkesburytrain

Thanks Sherrel It's been a while, but very busy on my layout, NMRA and the Youtube model builders group. Here's some of my latest work:
  19. Hawkesburytrain

Go for it Greg. Personally, I'm going for the Golden Spike Award. I think I got all that is needed. They are coming to visit my layout in April.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com