Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. migalyto

Optical (InfraRed) Grade Crossing Flasher Circuit

If you had a single mainline, how many sensors would you use? Would the IR sensors be the best way to go? I'm in a basement with non uniform lighting (brighter in some arears, dimmer in others).
  2. migalyto

Optical (InfraRed) Grade Crossing Flasher Circuit

Would they work with something like these? https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-x-HO-scale-railroad-grade-crossing-signals-2-tracks-LED-made-4-target-gray/153415109096?hash=item23b840c9e8:g:27wAAOSwGJ5cicC8
  3. migalyto

Hello from Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

Welcome to the group Hugh.
  4. migalyto

Spring floods caused some serious issues

That's a beautiful loco!
  5. migalyto

Spring floods caused some serious issues

Our area is dealing with it as well. Here is a video of the city west of me. Its the Mighty Mississippi!
  6. migalyto

1:87 Scale BIG BOY Loco Model

With your electronics background, you could do some cool lighting effects. post your progress. Looks like a fun project!
  7. migalyto

What A Difference A Bath Makes!

Its probably along the lines of what I was thinking when I first seen the title!
  8. migalyto

If Atlas Production Moved To the USA.....

Several of the manufacturers broke it down when the China factory debacle took place last year. It wasn't quite that much, but more than double what were paying now.
  9. migalyto

After 40 yrs,

Yardmaster.....Welcome to the group!
  10. migalyto

A blank canvas

looks like your off to a great start. What are your plans to fill all that area?
  11. migalyto

HO Kits from Hobbytown of Boston, Cary Locomotive, Central Valley, and Walthers

To get a general idea, you can go to Ebay under sold listings (check buy it now, and auction). It would give you a starting point. If you are on Facebook, there are a number of For Sale groups.
  12. migalyto

New in Iowa

Michael.....Welcome to the group.
  13. migalyto

Welcome to the group!
  14. migalyto

Big Boy 4014

I watched this last night. I hope they let it do more than excursion service. This thing is a beast, let her loose!
  15. migalyto

Running Bear's May 2019 Coffee Shop

Happy May everyone!
  16. migalyto

Running Bear's April 2019 Coffee Shop

I know right! Ive been hanging around all day, and was wondering the same thing.
  17. migalyto

Beagle Creek Railroad - Follow Your Nose!

Nicely done! Thanks for sharing.
  18. migalyto

Good morning all, Rainy Saturday here. Daughters softball game was cancelled, so nothing happening here till Church, and dinner out with the family. Be a good day to slip down to the basement, and run some trains. Have a Great day all!
  19. migalyto

A building, a layout, finally!!

I use this program. It’s easy to use, has great features. The nice thing is there is a train simulator that you can use to run trains on you track plan as you develop it. https://www.scarm.info/index.php
  20. migalyto

Willie.....Awesome looking curve! What is the radius you’re running?

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com