Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. bnsf971

Overheating DC power packs (plural)!

Some of those old Blue Box GP7s had the old iron ring motors, which were notorious for drawing gobs of power. If you have that setup, it could very well overload a power pack.
  2. bnsf971

Model Railroad Disappointment.

I also remember Jacksonville, Fla, is the largest city in the world by area.
  3. bnsf971

Model Railroad Disappointment.

San Bernardino is the largest county by area.
  4. bnsf971

Running Bear's May 2019 Coffee Shop

Good morning. It's severely thunderstorming and 69. A "fun" fact of life in the midwest in Spring.
  5. bnsf971

Good afternoon. It's 89 and severe thunderstorming where we are--about 150 miles Northwest of Garry.
  6. bnsf971

Good morning. It's clear and 68. Forecasted high is 96.
  7. bnsf971

Good morning. It's raining and 65.
  8. bnsf971

DCC control of MTH Locos

DCS has the most functions available. You can remap the functions using Decoder Pro so you can access the functions that matter to you using a decent quality DCC system, such as NCE or Digitrax.
  9. bnsf971

Tom, did you get a decal to match the writing on the smokebox cover?
  10. bnsf971

Good morning. It's 62 and mostly clear.
  11. bnsf971

Look who came through my area!!

I noticed what looked like smoke at the rear of the train as it whizzed by.
  12. bnsf971

Garry, looks like there was something for everyone. Steam, passenger, modern freight power.
  13. bnsf971

Good morning. It's mostly clear and 62.
  14. bnsf971

Live loads

To prevent DCC runaways, simply turn off analog recognition in the decoder. For a long address, that would mean changing CV29 to 34 (NDOT forward) or 35 (NDOT reverse).
  15. bnsf971

Good morning. It''s 67 and mostly clear.
  16. bnsf971

Get a bunch of industrial fans, connect them to your local nuclear power plant, turn them on "high", and face them North. :)
  17. bnsf971

Wilmington NC, Myrtle Beach SC

That'll teach me to just blast through posts, and not pay attention.
  18. bnsf971

I found this one: https://nrmrc.org/events/shows/2019-cypress-raleigh-show
  19. bnsf971

There's one in Johnson City, TN at the end of the month, and one in Danville, VA, in September.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com