Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. Bruette

Lionel is pleased to announce that it has agreed to a deal with ATI Model Products Inc (Model Power/Mantua)

http://www.lionel.com/articles/Lionel-Trains-Model-Power-Announcement This is old news and I did not think much of it when it was announced last year, but at the TCA Open House Spring 2019 Lionel elaborated on it a little bit during their presentation. I'm excited about some of the new products...
  2. Bruette

Running Bear's May 2019 Coffee Shop

It's been a long time since I have checked in and I'm doing fairly good today. My kids have taken my wife out to eat and since I was feeling good I thought I'd stop in and say hello. I have not spent much time online other than using my smart TV. I never imagined it could do so much! I've...
  3. Bruette

Our friends across the pond had a good idea, I'd bet there are some similar ideas her in the USA.
  4. Bruette

Good afternoon and Happy Mother's day to all the Moms in our collective families.
  5. Bruette

Running Bear's April 2019 Coffee Shop

Good morning Everybody! Not much free time in my new schedule, but my lab work is steadily improving. I wake, eat, walk, rest/sleep on the couch, eat, work or walk, rest, eat, walk, sleep again and repeat it all again the next day. Mix in visits to the doctors and I don't have much time for...
  6. Bruette

Good morning Everybody! I'm still battling, thank God life is like baseball. There is no clock, It's not over until you make the final out. I'm still swinging and I'm thinking rally!
  7. Bruette

Chet, modern orthopedics is absolutely amazing! They have reduced recovery rates so much it's hard to believe. Injuries that years ago would end careers are now routine and athletes return to their sports in what seems like no time at all. Keep up the hard work in rehab and you will be bowling...
  8. Bruette

This is the door I would use. I bet they have a lager on ice. makes you want to walk in and see. Makes you wish they had a bench on the over pass to sit and watch it all go by. I don't see a "help wanted sign" but I would walk in and ask any way. Lots of great photos...
  9. Bruette

Good morning Everybody! Life is returning to normal, close enough for me anyway. This story exemplifies what it means to me to be, a great baseball player, person, an American and a true tough guy. True tough guys don't talk tough, they live it...
  10. Bruette

Good morning Everybody! My recovery is slow, but sure, thanks for all the prayers and positive thoughts.
  11. Bruette

Good morning!
  12. Bruette

Where is everone?

Maybe potential new members are put-off by the closed minded, negative reactions often posted about new/different ideas.
  13. Bruette

Running Bear's March 2019 Coffee Shop

"seeing the birds second basemen cross in front of our shortstop to make a play at first on a ground ball hit up the middle was just plain armature. My little league boys know better. Hearing the announcer defend the play saying "they need more time to work together" made me turn the sound...
  14. Bruette

I've done that, but it can be hard to follow each game properly. I enjoy the intricate details of baseball. I record as many games as I can and cherry pick the ones I want to see the most. I can't wait to watch the recording of Washington hosting the Mets on opening day. The last time I...
  15. Bruette

Good morning Everybody!
  16. Bruette

The cost of highspeed rail is expensive, but can we really afford not to consider it?

I'm curious, how many of us have actually read the "green new deal" H.Res.109 — 116th Congress (2019-2020)? Further more, since when did we as Americans care what other nations do? Are we no longer, as Ronald Regan put it "the shinning city upon a hill"?
  17. Bruette

Good morning Everybody! Today is opening day for MLB! Have a great day Everybody! Play Ball!
  18. Bruette

Justin I'm so sorry to hear about your daughters accident, but keep in mind that is what it is, an accident. As a father of 3 with 2 grandsons I know we do our best to keep them safe, but try as we might we can never prevent every mishap. My point is, I don't want you to feel guilty. You were...
  19. Bruette

The cost of highspeed rail is expensive, but can we really afford not to consider it?

I've been hearing a lot of rhetoric, bad jokes and other nonsense about the "Green New Deal" so I took the time to read it for myself. It offers no specifics, just outlines the problems and proposes targets to reach solutions. Sounds like a good starting point to me. This is not about...
  20. Bruette

MLB Opening Day schedule: Thursday, March 28 Mets vs. Nationals, 1:05 p.m. ET Orioles vs. Yankees, 1:05 p.m. ET Cardinals vs. Brewers, 2:10 p.m. ET Braves vs. Phillies, 3:05 p.m. ET Tigers vs. Blue Jays, 3:37 p.m. ET Astros vs. Rays, 4:00 p.m. ET Cubs vs. Rangers, 4:05...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com