Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. JazzDad

When you have to share the street with a train.

That engineer didn't signal for his right turn!
  2. JazzDad

SOLD - Marx 8994

Sold off forum for $25.
  3. JazzDad

O Scale Vehicles

Whelen Freedom/ Edge
  4. JazzDad

O Scale Vehicles

The white car may have Freedom bar on it. (It's what I have on my car.)
  5. JazzDad

O scale layout

That local team really packs 'em in!
  6. JazzDad

SOLD - Marx 8994

Link within this forum
  7. JazzDad

SOLD - Marx 8994

I was helping a widow neighbor clean her garage and she mentioned her husband's train set. It is a Marx 8994, in the original box. I agreed to look into its value and possibly sell it for her. I can upload pix if anyone is interested. The track is dirty, but the engine does run. (Turning...
  8. JazzDad

HO Scale Police Car with Lights

And like most jurisdictions, you put the red on the correct side!
  9. JazzDad

Hello From Hobbytronics

Welcome to the forum. Any free samples for us to review? :p
  10. JazzDad

Model this?

Here's another idea for your layout. When people ask, tell them the track gang was drunk.
  11. JazzDad

How many engines do you own?

I have two engines. One in service and one dead off on an abandoned siding. As a small narrow gauge line owner, I can't even imagine you guys that own more than one.
  12. JazzDad

A local problem ??

Unfortunately, the 'net is full of train/ vehicle collisions. No surprise - I see the way people drive on my daily commute. There is no patience; they have to go faster, faster, faster and take unreasonable risks. Can't wait for a traffic light, so they'll cut through a business parking...
  13. JazzDad

The cost of highspeed rail is expensive, but can we really afford not to consider it?

We should be ashamed of our rail network, compared to Europe. You can get around there without a car. The argument is that, in the US, due to our vast expanse, you will never be able to get around without a car. It seems each time a high-speed train is discussed in Texas, some group shoots...
  14. JazzDad

Trophy Points?

Great job, Bob. (And it rhymed!)
  15. JazzDad

The Politically Incorrect thread

Re: "5 billion does get much of a wall these days". It's in scale money.
  16. JazzDad

Building the Emslandbahn, a German Ore train layout

I think he means your room is so clean. I love the holes through the framing, with the edges routed smooth.
  17. JazzDad

The Politically Incorrect thread

I saw a lashup today led by a UP loco, trailed by two Ferromex units. This needs to stop. We need to build a wall. Mexican engines are taking American jobs.
  18. JazzDad

Trophy Points?

It's a major award!
  19. JazzDad

Rehabbing Your Railroad...

My "rehab" will be moving the layout (already crated) about 950 miles to my new house.
  20. JazzDad

Model this?

This would be a simple model to build.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com