Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. Hobbytronics

Welder Simulation Circuit

This is my welder circuit. It can be powered from your acc. output on your power pack and uses a single LED of any size and doesn't require anything else to operate.
  2. Hobbytronics

My display at the train show.

Try using 2 inch foam insulation board.
  3. Hobbytronics

Weathering a Union Pacific Car Stage 1

I just finished putting on the white wash to give it that faded look using acrylic white and isopropyl alcohol. The dark rust areas on the roof was burnt umber. I will be posting the 2nd stage when I get the 2nd layer of rust finished.
  4. Hobbytronics

DC Scale Automatic Back-n-Forth (Trolley) Circuit

This is my DC automatic back-n-forth circuit with timed ends (1-30 sec). Also works on DCC systems. It uses an isolation transformer which isolates track power from the electronics to eliminate any interference with the trains and device. I will be listing them on ebay soon.
  5. Hobbytronics

Thank you, if there is anything you need for your layout please let me know.
  6. Hobbytronics

Pennsylvania GP35

Ok, I also read that it helps in getting paint washes to stick better as well.
  7. Hobbytronics

Pennsylvania GP35

It was a lot of fun doing it and I learned a lot along the way. It may have turned out better if I had put dullcote on it first but I didn't have any.
  8. Hobbytronics

Pennsylvania GP35

My first (very poor) attempt at weathering.
  9. Hobbytronics

I only add lighting to the police and emergency vehicles. I also have traffic light and grade crossing circuits.
  10. Hobbytronics

PWM Throttle circuit board

It powers the trains (DC). It uses Pulse Width Modulation and has a very smooth speed transition from 0 -100%. PWM keeps the motors cooler and also gives a much smoother speed control over the engines in both directions.
  11. Hobbytronics

AC B-n-F Detector (O Scale)

Just finished putting together my AC Automatic Back-n-Forth (Trolley) Detection unit.
  12. Hobbytronics

O Scale Vehicles

I know the whelen bar, didnt know about the freedom name. I will have to look it up, thx.
  13. Hobbytronics

O Scale Vehicles

freedom bar?
  14. Hobbytronics

Kato WP F3A loco not moving until 40% throttle. All my others move at 20%

What type of throttle are ypu using, is it filtered DC, PWM or DCC?
  15. Hobbytronics

O Scale Vehicles

Getting ready to put lights in this ambulance. Just got this one, one of my fav. Just finished putting lights in this one.
  16. Hobbytronics

PWM Throttle circuit board

I just got my new pwm throttle boards.
  17. Hobbytronics

Some humor

18. Hobbytronics

Kato WP F3A loco not moving until 40% throttle. All my others move at 20%

Are your other engines kato as well?
  19. Hobbytronics

The trains on that display already came with there own lighting. I dont mess around to much with lighting, but i do have some constant lighting circuits for headlights and passenger car setups. There are many different size LED's and in most cases the manufacturer will have specs on the types...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com