Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. Sirfoldalot

Message from KEN: Sherrel, I can't post on the forum. I recently changed my email address on my...

Message from KEN: Sherrel, I can't post on the forum. I recently changed my email address on my forum account. I get a window that says I need to resend a confirmation message to my email address. When I click on the "send email" link, I don't get a confirmation email. Can you help get this...
  2. Sirfoldalot

BOB - I received this from Ken Meade (D&J Railroad) this morning. His "NEW" Email that he is...

BOB - I received this from Ken Meade (D&J Railroad) this morning. His "NEW" Email that he is trying to set up on the Forum won't work. I have tried to contact Terry (no answer). Either I am the dumbest person in the world, but I cannot find how to correct his "NEW" Email address to...
  3. Sirfoldalot

Running Bear's March 2019 Coffee Shop

Good Morning - I'm late, as usual. I managed to change the clock on the bedside table ... now I'm not waking up as early as I did before? Have not figured out how that works. Spent most of the day yesterday with daughter and other family - it was daughters birthday and she sent me home with...
  4. Sirfoldalot

Mid 1800's Layout

How old is this G-son? Seems like HO would be better for a young-en? Like a 3x4 or a 3.5x4.5 BTW - Welcome to the forum.
  5. Sirfoldalot

Pacific Electric Sunday

MIKE - Those simply look stunning. Hope you show us some pic when building the overhead wire. After seeing a few of the trolleys at the OERM - I may have to build a small layout- say a 4x6, 4x8 - lots of railroading in a small space!
  6. Sirfoldalot

Happy St. Patty’s Day to me lads and lasses. Now go get some pints fur fooooks sake!
  7. Sirfoldalot

Thanks, DAVID, can't you just buy replacements for the broken parts, or another set of trucks? BTW - nice photo!
  8. Sirfoldalot

Nice photos -- I look at some of those messess and wonder how they can ever get things put back together again!
  9. Sirfoldalot

DAVE -- Those "logs" really look great. You just needed a little rust on those chains and a few more stakes on the flat? Do you happen to know what size chain that you used? Your layout shots are very realistic .. the ground level makes one feel as if he/she is part of the scene. Willie --...
  10. Sirfoldalot

Any of you - with/without - companions are welcome to get out of the "brown" as Tom calls it! I'll even pick you up at the train station, or airport! I was looking at that derrick -- looks like a nice one to have around -- I think you need a mini scene with a couple derailed cars in the ditch...
  11. Sirfoldalot

Does anyone here have any experience with Tichy car kits? I want to get a few of their ore cars and pulpwood flats. Do they come with trucks, couplers? If they do - are they any good?
  12. Sirfoldalot

Don't know about everyone else -- 72 was our high today and with the intense sun it felt much warmer. Went to the doggie park with the mutts ---- drove around looking at a few flowers --- and the mountain just east of us which is next to Palm Springs
  13. Sirfoldalot

WOAH! Bama must have built that?
  14. Sirfoldalot

Need water stand pipe.

Walthers has one, but it's made outta gold! I can't find the Skelly list right now - they used to make one. I thought Bowser took over their line, but cn't find that either? DID you look on E-bay?
  15. Sirfoldalot

Clear and supposed to be 71 today! I'm going to go and enjoy it - with the pups!
  16. Sirfoldalot

Gas main pipe load

That's just downright purdy! :)
  17. Sirfoldalot

Forgot to mention that the annual migration of the "Painted Butterflies" is going on. There are billions of them zooming all over heading North! Everyone around here is trying to figure how they got through Customs...
  18. Sirfoldalot

So, I don't win the prize, huh? Well, I had an Aunt who lived to 102 and neither did she! I think every year from the time that I left home for college that she entered the PCH sweepstakes - at least from the very beginning! I was just reading about the little town of Silverton on a couple of...
  19. Sirfoldalot

A little consist for you power experts - A GP-40, An F-7 B-Unit, and a U30B.
  20. Sirfoldalot

Locomotives New in the Box

GREG - IMHO if you are in this game to "make a return" on your investment ... I think you are barking up the wrong tree? I made a pretty good return off of some brass that I held on too for 30 years, but the money would have much better "invested" almost anywhere.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com