Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. Y

Logan Valley

Always a great pleasure to see photos of your layout Chet!!! It has a picturesque quality and atmosphere that i really like! Thanks for posting! Yannis
  2. Y

ATSF LA Division, 2nd District. The Cucamonga, Pasadena and East LA RR (HO scale)

Hi all and happy thanksgiving for yesterday! Quick update on the LA, Pasadena and Cucamonga RR... I finished work on some trees, including a foreground (ish) Elm tree and a couple of Palm trees. I hope you like them and thanks in advance for your replies! Yannis
  3. Y

ATSF LA Division, 2nd District. The Cucamonga, Pasadena and East LA RR (HO scale)

Hi all, Small update on the Pasadena RR. I focused on a couple of modules depicting South Pasadena. The focus of the scene posted here is on the Fair Oaks avenue bridge. The bridge is scratchbuilt and the piers are also scratch/kitbashed based on parts from a Vollmer truss bridge and some other...
  4. Y

Masking Locomotive Windows

I am using tamiya yellow tape here or the 3m equivalent (again yellow).
  5. Y

Who of you, love building kits?

It would be great to have cheaper (than the equivalent RTR versions) rolling stock in kit-form similar in nature to the excellent Highliners' F series kits. They are very similar in nature to the aircraft kits i usually build (1/48). Imagine having rolling stock like that... in the sense that...
  6. Y

40' vs 50' Boxcar for lumber loads (late 1960s - early 70s)

Thank you very much everyone! I think i will include some specific 40' rebuilt cars in the mix such as SP and NP rebuilts with 10' doors and reinforced sills. Given that my industry's loading doors wont be an issue (can cover both 40' and 50') and having a concrete dock as well for the...
  7. Y

I am with you, that is why i said "in any case though, i enjoy kits more than RTR". :)
  8. Y

Echoing what Chris said, if there is an existing accurate RTR for a prototype i want (and it is not a locomotive), i am ok with RTR, in order to have more time to build the stuff that does not exist. For the latter, kits are a better and quicker base to work with. In any case though, i enjoy...
  9. Y

Chris many thanks for the reply and help. So if loading door configuration is not an issue, what would have been more frequently seen in the very late 60s? 50' or 40'? I am thinking of not using the same cars for in/outbound loads. Finished furniture will mostly go out in ATSF cars whereas...
  10. Y

I really enjoy building kits. Unfortunately i went from scale airplanes (1/48) to model trains in an era where almost everything is RTR, and great (to me) looking kits like Branchline (blueprint series), Proto etc... are hard to find (i am in Europe). In some cases i end up buying RTR, breaking...
  11. Y

Hi all, I have read around about suitable boxcars carrying lumber in related books and forum threads. I saw a lot of informative answers/info about different eras. I got a very specific question: Whether 40' or 50' boxcars (or both) would be more appropriate for bringing in lumber loads for a...
  12. Y

Hopper paint color?

Hey Tony, Sorry to hear that you missed ordering white. Do you have white in another brand of acrylics that you could use?
  13. Y

Hopper paint color?

Good choices Tony! I would add some white to lighten up "Aircraft Grey". Make some tests when you get them and check them against reference pictures as usual.
  14. Y

Hopper paint color?

Hey Tony, Do you want to make them prototypical or plausible? Typically for covered hoppers (pellet hoppers) they were light grey, with all the weathering variations, most light-grey-ish shades will get you in the ballpark. For plastic pellet cars there were more variations depending on the...
  15. Y

Royal Pacific Railway Layout....

Hey Tony, All good here. Streamlining the track plan is paying dividends indeed. I did spend a LOT of time in trackplanning on my own and it was worth it (and enjoyable). It looks very nice and flowing and echoing what Chet said, i like the added tracks where the car shop is. Making the cement...
  16. Y

Royal Pacific Railway Layout....

Looks very nice and tidy! Looking forward to the start Tony!
  17. Y

3 Bay Car Shop

Very nice build Tony! Well done!
  18. Y

Southern Pacific Coast Line in HO

Impressive progress (and quality work) since i last checked this out!!! Very very nice thank you very much for posting this! Looking forward to seeing more.
  19. Y

:cool: You are really considering using something similar? I could find a way to produce them.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com