Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. tootnkumin

Running Bear's February 2019 Coffee Shop

Can't exactly put a "Like" on that one Sherrel.
  2. tootnkumin

To those that commented on the amount of rain. Our Bureau of Meteorology has classified the event as "Exceptional". If it had fallen in my area, I'd probably now be reporting from Samoa.
  3. tootnkumin

The really Official word on the amount of rain that fell in and around Townsville was released a short while ago. It said some places received 78+ inches over the period of the event.
  4. tootnkumin

Would you like to borrow the official Townsville one?
  5. tootnkumin

Australia seems to produce some of the most pointed war songs, must be that Irish heritage.
  6. tootnkumin

A burning cattle yard in the Northern Territory https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2019-02-13/why-is-the-ground-burning-on-an-outback-nt-cattle-station/10802676?WT.tsrc=Facebook_Organic&fbclid=IwAR2pLjwEO7RdsxC3x0ZyQRorphD1Yd9d3fRdGnDG4q1oRWjJZ6Hjjj5MZkU&sf207666408=1&
  7. tootnkumin

It's all well to the northwest of us, we did get touched briefly by the cloud, associated with it for some heavy showers, but it has now passed out into the Coral Sea. There were, possibly still are, concerns that it could reform out there, even into a Cyclone, but haven't heard anything yet...
  8. tootnkumin

Looks much, much worse in the other 2 pics that were newspaper copywrited. That engine was in the middle of one stretched out either side and water as far as the eye could see. Gon'na take a while to dig them out of the mud, even once the water drains away.
  9. tootnkumin

A Pacific National train got caught in the flooding on the Mt Isa line. The train had been stopped on the highest part to hopefully save it, but to no avail. This is the only pic on the web I can find at the moment that I can copy. The crew were rescued by Helicopter. Other pictures show the...
  10. tootnkumin

TCS Keep Alive Mother Board with loksound 21 pin installed

That's the problem, Tom. The standard was written long before 21 pin boards came about, even though it was recognised that there were more functions that would be available than first conceived. Even among the dozen we normally associate with they can be configured differently among...
  11. tootnkumin

TCS Keep Alive Mother Board with loksound 21 pin installed

Unfortunately, that appears to not be so, if Scale Trains use of 21 pin decoders and Loksound V4 or now V5 is anything to go by, and using a different brand of 21 pin decoder (even their own Select) is concerned in their DCC ready model's motherboard. I would seek confirmation from TCS. They...
  12. tootnkumin

Illinois new guy.

Marklin is all AC and 3 rail (center stud pickup). Trix is their 2 rail brand
  13. tootnkumin

Tsunami Capacitor.

Not something you can easily do away with then, as I suspected, if you want things to work smoothly. In my case it's going to use up valuable speaker space. Have to come up with a custom Cell phone setup..
  14. tootnkumin

Tsunami Capacitor.

On the old Tsunami TSU-1000 sound decoder, there is a large cylindrical Capacitor (or at least, that's what I think it is) attached by 2 wires to the decoder with a plug. What does it do in the scheme of things.
  15. tootnkumin

Ohhhh, yes they would.
  16. tootnkumin

Adding LED's to Athearn Blue Box GP's

As this product is giving you 2 alternatives and not having a decoder involved, then using LEDS fixed to the shell will offer the best method to prevent light bleed. Painting or covering the sides of the LED will stop that.
  17. tootnkumin

Adding LED's to Athearn Blue Box GP's

The ones you are looking at on ebay are designed so that the LEDS are independent of the shell, leaving the shell to be able to be removed without disturbing them. I am, at the moment, installing sound into a Proto 2k GP20. It has LEDS already fitted, front and rear, that sit on the chassis, but...
  18. tootnkumin

DCC Wiring

It's an exciting plan.
  19. tootnkumin

It's been bad up there and there's still flash flooding warnings out on some of the major rivers. The weather system is moving out into the Coral Sea, but not expected to clear until after this weekend. Only 2 human fatalities and they were trying to break into a liquor store and got swept into...
  20. tootnkumin

My report about the farmers welcoming the rain up in northwestern Queensland after the years of drought has been short lived. The pictures of cattle, drowned in their pens and yards, has brought home the reality of how disastrous this 1 in 100 year weather event has been.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com