Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. Greg@mnrr

Running Bear's February 2019 Coffee Shop

On the way to our cabin, we pass several "Milk Factories" who have dairy herds in the thousands of animals. It's amazing to see the number of semi-tankers that haul the semi-liquid cow manure from holding tanks to local fields for fertilizer. There are countless number of trucks making these...
  2. Greg@mnrr

bnsf971: Didn't the dinosaurs pass gas? Greg
  3. Greg@mnrr

Good Morning Everyone.......................sunny and clear here in this part of Wisconsin. Yesterday, I finally unboxed my new Rapido, C&NW Budd Diesel Rail Car (RDC) and put it on my workbench's test track. I could help but notice the great attention to detail with the manufacture applied...
  4. Greg@mnrr

Back again........... Changed my Avatar to the new mine which replaced the original New River Mine. The mine really stands out when you first enter the layout room even through its approximately nine feet away from the layout entrance. The big push on the layout is adding more lighting...
  5. Greg@mnrr

Incorporating A Jack Post Column In The Layout

Who needs support columns??? Greg
  6. Greg@mnrr

Good Morning Everyone..........clear and cold in this part of Wisconsin. Yesterday we did get to the former Milwaukee Road friegth yards in the Menomonee Valley of Milwaukee and the yard is a mere shell if its former self. Many grain cars being unloaded, but didn't see any switching operations...
  7. Greg@mnrr

Headed down to the train room. Garry: I think I may just run the SOO Bandit. Thanks for liking the pic. Greg
  8. Greg@mnrr

Good Afternoon Everyone.....sunny, but chilly here in Wisconsin. A light dusting of snow overnight. Very little to report today. Heading down to the trains later and I may start the last Cornerstone Background building I have left to build. The layout room has been unusually cool lately...
  9. Greg@mnrr

Incorporating A Jack Post Column In The Layout

Some times just painting something a flat black will help disuse the pole or pipe. Greg
  10. Greg@mnrr

A building, a layout, finally!!

Jerome: In 10 - 12 years where will you put your locomotives now numbering over 1,000 units? Greg
  11. Greg@mnrr

Inflation?

For us old guys, just remember what you were making per hour in our youth compared to today's wages and salaries. I remember asking for a raise and I got the dime an hour which put me at $1.00/hour, no overtime after 40 hours, no health insurance or sick time. I stayed at that hourly wage for...
  12. Greg@mnrr

What's Your Favorite Model Locomotive?

Jerome: You reminded me that I forgot about some of my switchers that should be in the running for my favorite locomotive. Nice Progressive Unit. Greg
  13. Greg@mnrr

Looking for a litter box??? Greg
  14. Greg@mnrr

Thanks, Sherrel!!!
  15. Greg@mnrr

What's Your Favorite Model Locomotive?

I have a bunch of HO locomotives and I been trying to decide which one is my favorite or if I even have a single favorite locomotive. In the running for my favorite is 80 Ton Bachmann Shay with sound, a Milwaukee ALCO with LokSound, a MR&T Dash 8 also with LokSound or my first locomotive with...
  16. Greg@mnrr

Inflation?

I still have my original, all metal steam locomotive that I traded a coin for in the I believe the late 1950's. The coin was a Two Cent coin that I found in change from a drugstore. Today that coin is worth in the neighborhood of several hundred dollars and the locomotive is WORTH NOTHING...
  17. Greg@mnrr

Good Morning Everyone....waking up to approximately 10 inches of new snow and some additional snow during the day. Checked the snow at 3:00 and a huge buck was at our (wife's) bird feeders. He didn't mind the falling snow and the blowing snow. Lots of snow at the cabin and we'll need to call...
  18. Greg@mnrr

Layout Room EntranceWay Bridges

It maybe too late in your design and build process have you considered a lift bridge on hinges? Greg
  19. Greg@mnrr

My Northern Pacific Butte Montana Layout.

I been stealing my wife's spring load clothes pins for years to use as small clamps. They would great for painting a Kadee coupler or two or attach a bunch of them in a line on a 1X2 and you now have a coupler painting jig. Not to steal the Thread about writing about clothes pins, but back to...
  20. Greg@mnrr

Mike: After I quite smoking it was due to being in and out of hospitals for five weeks. I kept a pack in my personal locker and only once thought of having a cigarette. It wasn't easy, but I'm glad I stopped for health and $$$ reasons. I was a pack and a half or more cigarettes and my wife a...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com