Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. NYC_George

2nd bridge project

Made the 1st pier for my wooden bridge project today.
  2. NYC_George

2nd bridge project

I've never built one beiland there's trouble if you do it right side up? I notice you don't have any horizontal track stringers on your bridge? Is this normal for some bridges? I may try the upside down thing, You'll see? George
  3. NYC_George

2nd bridge project

Thanks Sirfoldalot & Boris It's coming along.
  4. NYC_George

Running Bear's February 2019 Coffee Shop

If you started your taxes you'll notice the standard deduction in now $24,000 for a married couple but the personal exemption box worth 4,050 per person is gone. That means the $12,000 you gained on the personal deduction is offset by $8,100 you lost by not being able to check the personal...
  5. NYC_George

Incorporating A Jack Post Column In The Layout

Jim I had 2 poles in the way I just built around them.
  6. NYC_George

2nd bridge project

Thanks Mike. It should be. I'm going to do my 100 car video crossing this bridge and the one I already finished last month.
  7. NYC_George

2nd bridge project

I started my 2nd bridge project today. Got the rocky cliff & riverbed sub structure done. Didn't have to be precise it gets covered with plaster cloth. I only needed to keep the fascia board looking good. It's going to be a wooden trestle like the one shown in the bottom left of the photo. I...
  8. NYC_George

I worked the 20th Century Limited for a while. The speed limit from Poughkeepsie to Albany was 120 MPH.
  9. NYC_George

I don't quite get this. They can't afford to put positive rail control across the country but they want to build a high speed rail system. Lets get train control on all the railroads we have now in case you never get the high speed rail built. Early on when I worked for the RR an engineer told...
  10. NYC_George

Double Crossover with a Double-curve Turnout

I certainly like the looks of it. If it all works I think it will be a great addition. I got rid of all my 22r tracks. Short wheel based locos were fine but the long based loco and passenger cars no. I would go as high of radius as you can go. George
  11. NYC_George

TCS Keep Alive Mother Board with loksound 21 pin installed

You mean like programming it with the ESU programmer. It would be drained then right? George
  12. NYC_George

As I read my post I forgot to put in the word no in There's (no) NMRA standard for keep alive that I know of. Anyway thanks for your help NCRC5315. I guess I would have to buy another board just to program the loksound decoder and then plug it into the TCS board. I wouldn't have to do all this...
  13. NYC_George

The problem is the keep alive part of the board. It has to intersect with the right components of the none TCS decoder. There's NMRA standard for keep alive. I just thought it may work but that could be wrong. If I showed a diagram of the TCS board to loksound I'm sure they could tell me if it...
  14. NYC_George

I'm thinking you can put any 21 pin decoder in a 21 pin DCC ready loco? I'm not sure if you can plug a loksound 21 pin decoder into a TCS keep alive mother board and have the keep alive power the loco if the power goes out? I don't think anybody really knows?
  15. NYC_George

I mean I like the TCS mother board with the keep alive. Are you saying the keep alive will keep the loksound decoder charged if the power goes out for a few seconds? A Loksound brand keep alive has to be soldered to the decoder and takes up a lot of space. It would be so much easier if I could...
  16. NYC_George

Maybe someone here may know this? I have a consist with 3 TCS decoders installed in Atlas locos with TCS keep alive mother boards. I don't like any of the horns choices that TCS provides. If I buy a loksound 21 pin decoder, which you can change the whole engine if you choose to, will that mate...
  17. NYC_George

Questions answered regarding modeling and prototype

This is the reason I use the ESU programmer or JMRI to set CV's. You don't have to remember anything just click on the graphic interface. I prefer the ESU programmer because it's so much easier to use than JMRI. I don't think JMRI can program the matrix type system loksound uses maybe some...
  18. NYC_George

I always like your videos DJ. Like you said, lots of stress being an RR engineer. Don't ever forget anything or miss a signal because you didn't have enough sleep. Don't plan on being home much. That's why I only lasted 13 years there. George
  19. NYC_George

I got called to work one of these work trains around 1975. 13 cars comes to mind for some reason but it was so long ago it could be any number. I remember the rails ran through a set of rollers. The rail did seem to bend very easily. George
  20. NYC_George

Switch indicator Leds to bright

So I bought 20 of these leds that are way to bright for my fascia board even with using 1400 ohm resistor. They only cost about $6.00 for 20 but I want to use them so I came up with this solution. I made up a holder using some 1 & 1/2 wood I had lying around and glued some green and white...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com