Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. migalyto

The Legacy of Your Layout

So what you going to do with yours?
  2. migalyto

The Legacy of Your Layout

As sad as it sounds, I'm sure mine will go into a dumpster. There is really no one in the immediate, or extended family that I know of that does model railroading. There is no club anywhere near me that the stuff could be donated. What I would really like is for the locomotives, and rolling...
  3. migalyto

Running Bear's January 2019 Coffee Shop

Louis, another great round of photos. Really enjoying them!
  4. migalyto

Good Morning everyone, Clouds, fog, and drizzle this morning with temperatures in the mid 30s. Last day of the warm trend we have been riding for about 5 weeks. Oh well, had to happen sooner or later. It’s January in the Midwest. Have a great day,
  5. migalyto

Dave.....that’s a great start, very well done!
  6. migalyto

Good Morning all, A bit of freezing drizzle this morning. Temps in the upper 20s. Looks like our warm spell is coming to an abrupt halt on Saturday. Single digits to below zero readings for the foreseeable future. Have a great day.
  7. migalyto

You will like it a lot! I have several, they look, and run great. Nice pullers too.
  8. migalyto

Welcome to the group! Its as addicting now as it was back then!
  9. migalyto

I’m with you 100%! Nothing better than last nights leftovers for breakfast. Ever noticed how certain things are so much better the next day?
  10. migalyto

Scale Trains GE 39 8

I have several of their Tier4s. I too am very impressed with the sound, looks, and how smooth it runs. If they come out with some locomotives that fit my modern era, then I will be purchasing more!
  11. migalyto

Fun with Arduino - a Series of Introductory Videos

Several of us started a thread on Arduino a while back, as we were interested in it. It has kind of stalled with the Holidays and what not. http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/arduino-ideas-and-help.30511/ I purchased the starter kit, but have not done anything yet with...
  12. migalyto

Good morning everyone, Got about 4-5 inches of snow between yesterday, and this morning. It was the light fluffy variety, so the snow blower chewed right through it. Looks like late this week our weather pattern will change from above average to below average temps. Guess it had to happen at...
  13. migalyto

I used the patch for about six days (just to get used to not doing it anymore). I was able to discontinue it after that. It worked out really well.
  14. migalyto

Good Morning everyone, A nice light snow is falling with temps in the upper 20s. Not sure what the agenda is for today, right now I'm sitting in the four seasons room watching the snow fall enjoying a hot cup of coffee while everyone else is still asleep.
  15. migalyto

Tom...That's great size! Look forward to seeing you progress.
  16. migalyto

Thank-you all for your kind words, and personal experiences. Willie...That's a nice building for trains, it must be nice to have it separate from the house. please do share more!
  17. migalyto

Good Morning all, Clear, and 18 degrees. Couple of inches of snow expected starting tonight. On New Years Eve, I quit smoking! I’m so proud of myself. I’m in day 11, and it’s getting easier every day. Have a great Friday!
  18. migalyto

How big of a layout are you planning
  19. migalyto

Acrylic Paints

I use acrylic paint solely as well. I haven’t gotten much into customizing locomotives, or rolling stock(actually haven’t done any). My lake bottom, and all my washes for rocks, and such were done with very inexpensive acrylic paint. I buy most of it from Amazon as add on items which makes them...
  20. migalyto

Willie...Are those Operator, or Rivet Counter? They are very good looking locomotives!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com