Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all,

2 warp-ed rotors, but I knew I had one. Car doesn't stop any better, but doesn't shake slightly either. Sitting on 68,000+ on the trucks brakes. Not looking forward to changing the front rotors when it's time. The '09 Colorado cost $900 just for the front set as they have a captive rotor setup that requires you to take the hubs off to get to the retaining screws\bolts.

Got somemore minor planting done along with getting th epainting done on the outside of the house. Still have that second coat in the bedroom to accomplish.
Patrick
That’s the one thing I never liked about the first generation, Isuzu, Colorado. Yes I said Isuzu, Chevrolet did not have a hand in that one other than the badging on the body. Like a lot of imported cars from Japan they have a captive rotor. The only way to beat Them at this game is to find a shop with an on car brake lathe, they can resurface the rotors without removing them from the hub.

Good morning!
FAMILY GUY_DOG.png

BOB RAFFERTY_LIMA.jpg

Former Lima Ohio NKP/N&W Dispatcher's Office
(Disp. Bob Rafferty)

The Conductress has tried to talk me into getting someone to do the yard, but frankly do the yard is probably the most exercise I get. I have a process I use, especially in July, August, that gives me time to recoup a little between yards. Throw in that I'm using a riding mower and it's not all that bad and I'm constantly drinking water. Maybe some day, but not yet.
71dlu-Y4BjL._AC_UY1000_.jpg
😁

Good morning, up in "The greatest City in the World" today...hope everyone got the sarcasm😁. Over the weekend had to do some errands in the "City of Brotherly Love", so on the way out i made a stop in Berwin on the Main Line:
IMG_20240420_124627270.jpg

Cab car of New York bound "Keystone", next behind him Silverliner IV bound for center city Philadelphia:
IMG_20240420_125716623.jpg

Those station platform cannopies are well over 100 years old, as is that pretty spidery iron bridge. The catenary is from 1915. And there it goes:
IMG_20240420_125833033.jpg

Next stop was Whitford with the huge steel bridge of "Low Grade Line" going above the "Main Line":
IMG_20240420_134616248_HDR.jpg

The original little station building still there:
IMG_20240420_140304474.jpg

On sunday i got number 4 and 5 tracks in the yard serviceable:
IMG_20240421_194250458~2.jpg

E44 rectifiers with a short consist are snaking through the switches. And running on number 4 track:
IMG_20240421_200434368.jpg

BTW the E44 electrics were regular freight power on the Main Line in the pictures above. Unfortunatelly Conrail decided to end the electric powered freight operations in early 1981.

Well, howdy there internet peeps, and those with paper cuts....

It's Troy again.

Still working on reconstructing master files for my books. My new way to make it fun is use pull quotes to create graphics cards to share on social media (marketing, you know...)

this is the first one that caught my eye today. So I had to make a graphic:

Quotes-04-PaperCut.jpg

Well, howdy there internet peeps, and those with paper cuts....

It's Troy again.

Still working on reconstructing master files for my books. My new way to make it fun is use pull quotes to create graphics cards to share on social media (marketing, you know...)

this is the first one that caught my eye today. So I had to make a graphic:

View attachment 186459
Well, you know what they say about redheads😉

Good morning to those that know about Redheads and those that don’t!

It is overcast this morning where the temperature is 37f degrees, the wind makes it feel like 25 and the high should be in the low 50’s. The weather app says there is ZERO % chance of rain till a 1% chance creeps in at 10pm. That means we’ll get a deluge sometime today…

While I have little faith in the NWS and reporting mechanisms like TV guessers and the various apps it sure keeps things interesting. I went to sign up for a new to me using the Weather Underground. I know SANTAFe WILLIE uses it but when signing up it says it works in conjunction (seamlessly is the word they used) with Google and the weather Channel. Since I already use the Weather Channel app using the WUG app wouldn’t be any different. I will keep looking for something else.

That maybe my excitement for the day! But I do meet with the surveyor in 45 minutes. The son in law says he will stop and pick up the lawn equipment and the snow fighting equipment today but said I don’t need to help! He’s going to just drive everything up on the trailer to the stable’s storage area.

Enjoy your day

Just to let you all know, its MAJOR Week CHAMPIONS CUP Week!
If you dont know what iam talking about? Well i guess so. Champions Cup is a Disc Golf Tournament in the US. And its a Big One its a MAJOR! Its held at Northwood Park thats located in Morton Illinois :)

Yes i will be watching from switzerland. why? Because i like Disc Golf.

Over and out :D

Good Morning All!

37F @ 61% and looks to be severe clear. 70's later.

Spent most of the day yesterday getting all the ..um.. lawn tools ready for Maria. Power washed tractor, lawn tractor, power washer, push mower, weed wacker, 2 chain saws and 2 not lawn stuff vehicles. Push mower ( Craftsman ) needed a battery. Usually starts on one pull, but what she wants she wants. Next was an air check. Only one thing was low - one of dem big 2 wheeled dolly's ( or whatever they are called ). Gas for all that used it - five gallons went away fast. Oil topped off where necessary. Then Maria tells me she wants the old Craftsman lawn tractor running so she can use it for pulling the little dump trailer. Got carb for it as that is easier than rebuilding the existing, new battery too. That one does not have the mower deck on it so it has a ton of clearance for our perfectly flat ground with zero rocks ... right.

She did get on the lawn tractor immediately and did the back almost acre.

Weed wacker and chain saws needed mix for the gas of which I forgot, so will get that today. We got our burn permit on the 1st and have been waiting to torch stuff ( April in these parts ) for some reason or another, so I suspect that will start today or tomorra. Don't have that much this year, probably a day or two to get-r-done. Last April was all month as we had 19 ( I think ) Cottonwood's down that needed cut into easy to play with 150Lb chunks to throw on the pile so they could go away.

The Poulan lawn tractor survived -24F without charging the battery. For reasons unknown, I did not remove the battery last fall; my bad.

I learn by other people's mistakes. It is not my fault that they listen to me!

Later

Just to let you all know, its MAJOR Week CHAMPIONS CUP Week!
If you dont know what iam talking about? Well i guess so. Champions Cup is a Disc Golf Tournament in the US. And its a Big One its a MAJOR! Its held at Northwood Park thats located in Morton Illinois :)

Yes i will be watching from switzerland. why? Because i like Disc Golf.

Over and out :D
Have fun watching! Found Morton, Il. Thought its was near Chicago but nope closer to St. louis

IMG_5369.png

Good Morning All. Cloudy and 65° here in the heart of North Central Texas. Our typical Spring weather pattern is here, temps in the low 80's, wind, occasional thunderstorms, tornadoes, occasional hail and high humidity when the sun isn't out. Oh! And the grass/weeds grow like there's no tomorrow. I noted that the Bermuda Grass was greening up yesterday, so it won't be long before it chokes out all of the Dandelions and Winter Rye.

Mowing is on tap today, hopefully I can get both the East and South sides done before the next forecast rain on Friday. Out in the garden, all of the Green Beans and Yellow Squash that I planted last week have emerged. I picked a few more heads of Broccoli, and now the smaller side shoots will start up. I'll cut up, blanch and freeze some of the Broccoli while it rains this weekend.

I continued cleaning structures out in the train shed yesterday. I got 14 more done with one set aside for some figures. I did get the figures placed at the Fix-It shop, but left the camera out there; the result of a last minute decision to go to town for an Italian meal.
Let's see what I can dig out of the archives. Some figures in action.
IMG_0339.JPG

IMG_0331.JPG
IMG_0344.JPG

IMG_0360.JPG

Troy - When it comes to track-laying, I rely less on handwritten or computer generated plans and more on placing track and seeing how it might work out. I would cut one big hole and scenic down in the final version.
A visit to the ENT is definitely in order. 25% is indicative of something severely wrong.
David -
Troy. I would go for two tunnels. They look to be going in different directions.
A single tunnel would imo look unrealistic bearing in mind one inch actual wide is 87 inches model wide.
If I recall correctly, Troy models in N scale, not 1:87.
Tom O - I have never signed up with Weather Underground, as I don't have one of those recommended electronic weather stations. I just check in with the fellow around the corner and compare what I observe here the old fashioned way, with what his automated station reports. Other than individual rainfall totals, we're usually identical in readings. I can determine humidity, pressure, wind direction, temperature and rainfall totals easily; I rely on his station for wind speed and AQ, although by now I can guess wind speed relatively close.

Today is National Pigs in a Blanket Day, so enjoy. Everyone have a great day, and let me remind Karl that it is Hump Day.

Good Morning!

Supposed to be rain showers today, but I'm going to be giving the dog an extra long walk down to the creek anyway. Won't be doing much workout on just a walk. I'm getting tired of this post surgery recuperation. - I'm probably going to look for rocks, since that's a 2nd hobby.

Guy- Did you spray paint all the parts before starting? I use either a flat off white or light gray. The flat finish is rough, and the craft paint can bond with it.
Thankyou Curt! - Yes, I did spray the parts with a darker grey primer before painting the off-white. Just a thin coat, though. Probably should have used a white primer, but, the grey is all I had. Also, the Tamiya green was the only green I had that wasn't a dull military green, besides a high gloss Testors enamel. - Small town stores don't support modellers with special hobby paints. The local hardware has all that is to be had, as far as paint goes. It's spray bomb, or nothing.

If I get feeling like it, I'll complete the gas pump construction. I thought they turned out pretty good, considering they are just layered wood.
Gas_04-24-2024 (1).JPG

Still need to build the awning, and install the lights.

Anyway, I should get going. The wife is playing with my tools; she's up to something!

E44 rectifiers with a short consist are snaking through the switches. And running on number 4 track:View attachment 186458
BTW the E44 electrics were regular freight power on the Main Line in the pictures above. Unfortunatelly Conrail decided to end the electric powered freight operations in early 1981.

It's funny. Whenever I hear "E44", this is what I think of. I have to remember my audience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back