Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a walk at 68F and currently 86F. I headed to my buddy's house for trains and BS'ing. As always, I had a great time. The LHS didn't have canopy glue, so I ordered from Amazon, and it will be here tomorrow. Nothing much else going on.

Mike- That is really bad!

Patrick- You definitely got a lot done.

David- I hope today was fun. Nice looking loco and scenes.

Troy- I hope today went well.

Terry- That really sucks. Today a Walmart order was misdelivered but at least we got a refund.

Swal- The only reason I'm in FL is because of the wife. I wanted to move to SC after military retirement. But it all worked out in the end.

Willie- Nice weathering.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good afternoon gang!

Work day is over, plus the mower and the rototiller have been vanquished, and it's not even dinner time! :) Tomorrow we already have a HD trip planned for seeds and plants, plus some Sharkbite® fittings so that I can replace the main shower valve and some fence boards so we can construct a little corral to house the roll away trashcans. A bad wind keeps dropping them in the flower beds.
Baltimore is best among American cities, even with it's warts. Go Caps, beat the Rags!
Best at what? Murder rates?, incarcerations per capita? Just this week 5 high school kids were shot on "Sr. cut day", traditionally a day for high school seniors to cut school, aka play hookey together. It was a day for fun now 5 kids got shot, 1 is critical. Baltimore doesn't have warts,, it has cancer. City leadership is abysmal, the cops don't even want to stay there. They need to put a 1/2 mile high chain link fence with razor wire on it, pull the good folks out (yes, there are some) and let the inmates have the asylum.

Louis, come join us in the county, the quiet at night is unnerving at 1st, but you get used to it!

end of my rant!
cabooses.jpg

BBL

Well my wife says I've made the complete 360. Turning clean and shiny (trains) to dirty and taking dirty to shiny (trucks). Dirty is much easier and more fun than cleaning I told her.

Attachments

• IMG_4337.jpg
    IMG_4337.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4416.jpg
    IMG_4416.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6614.jpg
    IMG_6614.jpg
    654 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6615.jpg
    IMG_6615.jpg
    606.1 KB · Views: 9
Swal- The only reason I'm in FL is because of the wife. I wanted to move to SC after military retirement. But it all worked out in the end.
Curt I'll be in Myryle Beach, SC the day after Labor Day on a 7-day golf / beach vacation with some of my classmates. It's fairly cheap. Place on the beach with 4 days of paid golf. The last time we went it was $600.00 I'm not sure what the cost will be this year but will know in 2 weeks. If you want to play golf the other 3 days of the stay you have to pay green fees. I couldn't play the last 2 years because my wife was sick but now, she's in a nursing home with someone to look after her. She happy I'm going again. She's also a golfer.
Swal

It’s tree making time and I’m out of tree making shape. The NHL Stanley Cup playoffs are my time! For the 2 intermissions I should make 25 to 30 twisted armatures but not shaped! I only made 18-6” armatures during the Hurricane/islander game, a sad happening but I am getting older and this was game 1. I hope to show improvement during game 2 tonight, the hated Boston against the not as hated Toronto.

Well, howdy there internet peeps, and Louis

It's Tired and Achey Troy again.

What I did a lot of today:

tools.jpg

What I got for a reward:

Pizza.jpg

That's Puccini's Smiling Teeth Pizza joint down the road from the daughters. They have gluten-free crust and vegan cheese. That keeps her allergies from acting up. However, the pizza in the image is our real gluten, and moo-cow cheese pizza.

The install went fairly well. I told the rest of the crew (my wife, daughter and daughter's live-in boyfriend) to watch the youtube on how to install their flooring.

I was only kneeling to trim off bottoms of door frames, and to measure angle cuts. Oh, and to cut the openings for the floor heat/cool forced air vents. Enough to make the knees ache. but I didn't have to do the installation.

The final row, which I had to rip lengthwise with a jigsaw, and two C-clamps that were'n't deep enough to keep the guide board/straightedge stable, was the biggest challenge. I gave up, not wanting to ruin any more boards. We had already told the daughter that we'd be back to help with cutting and installing quarter round. That section might need a thicker baseboard before we add the quarter round.

The flooring was "click together" laminate. It was tricky to get a run to lock into place with the preceeding row. They got all, except that last row. My miss-cut wasn't the issue. Now that I've had a two hour drive, I wonder if the concrete slab has a slope up toward the outside wall in the offending row. They'd get one end in, and the other would pop loose. We had the install bar (like a pry bar, but it could hold the wall side of the last row, and extend into the room. With a raised tab on the end to give a firm surface to smack with a hammer, and tighten the joint up.

No joy in mudville. That last row just wouldn't stay connected.

Also, while down there, I was able to meet a gent, and sell off all of my 28mm (1:56) Napoleonic figures. That $300 will offset the new Elegoo Saturn 4 3D printer I pre-ordered earlier this week.

Now, if you will excuse me, there is a rocks glass that is devoid of a bourbon cocktail. I believe I've earned it.

Good evening. It's 70 and mostly dark.
I heard back from someone at Ebay. They decided my stuff had been stolen, and refunded the purchase. At least now i have the funds back in my account to go buy the stuff again, and hope it gets delivered to me next time around.
Stay tuned for another episode of Post Office Roulette...

Good afternoon gang!

Work day is over, plus the mower and the rototiller have been vanquished, and it's not even dinner time! :) Tomorrow we already have a HD trip planned for seeds and plants, plus some Sharkbite® fittings so that I can replace the main shower valve and some fence boards so we can construct a little corral to house the roll away trashcans. A bad wind keeps dropping them in the flower beds.

Best at what? Murder rates?, incarcerations per capita? Just this week 5 high school kids were shot on "Sr. cut day", traditionally a day for high school seniors to cut school, aka play hookey together. It was a day for fun now 5 kids got shot, 1 is critical. Baltimore doesn't have warts,, it has cancer. City leadership is abysmal, the cops don't even want to stay there. They need to put a 1/2 mile high chain link fence with razor wire on it, pull the good folks out (yes, there are some) and let the inmates have the asylum.
One of my favorite places to deliver is west Baltimore, near Pimlico. The area is at or near the top for murder rates every year. But the nice people outnumber the bad, by far. On Sundays during football season, they often rope off a block and take their big screens outside to watch the game. There will be several grills going, tables with side dishes and coolers full of drinks. Every time I have encountered one of these block parties, they have offered me free food and drinks.

The bad guys are the drug dealers. Whenever the narcotics officers do a sting and arrest people buying drugs. It is many more people from the surrounding counties who are buying the drugs.

Some of the young ones buying guns think the only way to solve a dispute is with shooting.

Economics is at the root of the problem. I don't have the answers to these problems, but I know firsthand there are many good people in these "bad" neighborhoods.

Louis, come join us in the county, the quiet at night is unnerving at 1st, but you get used to it!
Karl, I love doing deliveries out in "God's country". I was just in Finksburg earlier this week. The early morning (4am) sky was filled with stars I don't get to see in southeast Baltimore. I love the scenery and seeing the animals, not so much the smells.

I love being in Dundalk. I'm five minutes from everything I need and more. In my backyard I can hear the trains. Soon enough I will hear the ships in the port again.

Hmmm!
2:00am and I'm twiddling my thumbs, having coffee all alone.
This post surgery recovery is twisting my normal day into a nightmare. Seems like I'd rather sleep on the couch during day with the sun shining on me, than be in bed at night.
I cheated during the last daylight, and took the dog for a long forest walk down to Beaver Creek. The wife was upset when she found out I went missing, but, I'm not the type to just sit around wasting away.
If I'm awake in daylight today, suppose I'll put more paint on that gas station structure I'm working on. Can't go dancing; that's for sure!

Hmmm!
2:00am and I'm twiddling my thumbs, having coffee all alone.
This post surgery recovery is twisting my normal day into a nightmare. Seems like I'd rather sleep on the couch during day with the sun shining on me, than be in bed at night.
I cheated during the last daylight, and took the dog for a long forest walk down to Beaver Creek. The wife was upset when she found out I went missing, but, I'm not the type to just sit around wasting away.
If I'm awake in daylight today, suppose I'll put more paint on that gas station structure I'm working on. Can't go dancing; that's for sure!
Nice to hear you are making a good recovery, I'm sure your walk, albeit unauthorised, felt great to be out and about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back