The New Amsterdam/Byrness Station N Scale Model Railroad

Brooklyn

Hello,
I thought I'd share a few photos of some of the work I've been doing lately on the railroad. These are just a few snippets. Enjoy. This is a PECO turntable, powered by a stepper motor below. Works well for short locomotives in a shunt yard. A few mechanics are discussing something with the engineer in the shunter before he pulls out. The hardstanding is printed card, with some details added in pen.
IMG_0478.jpeg

Last edited:
Here a Pennsylvania GP40, hauling a load of 'beer can' tankers, climbs out of the river flats and up through the cut before entering a tunnel loop.
PRR 2294 on an upgrade cut.jpg

Operations at New Amsterdam Coal. The model is a Walthers but has been adapted to the scene. Most of the construction vehicles were actually keychains from Caterpillar, that just happened to be 1:160 scale. I just filed off the the key loop, lol.
Operations at the New Amsterdam Coal Company.jpg

The mainline runs close to the ancient St. Mathias Church. The church was designed in Tinkered and and 3-D printed on my Elegoo Mars 2.
The Rose Window at the St Mathias Church draws tourists from all over Scotland.jpg

Back