siberianmo's Can-Am Train Room, Part II

siberianmo

Trains - real and model - trains!
Greetings!

This is Part II of my venture into providing fotos from my former HO-gauge layout in my basement train room; the Can-Am Railway.

These submissions will complete the "walk-around" with more to follow depicting specific scenes along the pike.

Of note is the Second Class Saloon in Mountain Village. The prototype was built in Nome, Alaska by Wyatt Earp (of frontier lawman, etc.) and back in 1959 or 60 (a bit hazy on the year) I had a drink or three in that fine establishment while my ship made a port call for a short time. Could not resist purchasing and assembling that model - when my fingers and eyesight worked far better than they do today!

Continuing with the next ten (10) images - I left off with the bridges at Can-Am Gorge (my late-wife did the waterfalls and other features in the gorge).

Stay-Tuned for Part III . . .

Click for Train Room, Part I -

Enjoy,

Tom in Missouri

Attachments

• IMG_0113.jpg
    IMG_0113.jpg
    734 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0115.jpg
    IMG_0115.jpg
    663.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    514.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    755.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    571.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg
    618.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0120.jpg
    IMG_0120.jpg
    625 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    687.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    678.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
It's interesting to me, that I was just looking at a 1901 photograph of the Second Class Saloon yesterday, and then a model shows up on the forum.
That's rather neat, I think.
2nd Class Saloon.jpg

That is a beautiful layout you have built!

It's interesting to me, that I was just looking at a 1901 photograph of the Second Class Saloon yesterday, and then a model shows up on the forum.
That's rather neat, I think.
View attachment 184426

That is a beautiful layout you have built!
Hello McLeod and thanx for your comments!

Your foto is a bit before my visit - but close enough. Nome back when I was there was not for the "faint of heart."

Yes, sometimes it is simply amazing how when thinking of something that something turns up close 'n personal. More times than not I have experienced that with songs . . . for whatever the reason just thinking of a song and then - it plays on the radio. Amazing.

That layout is past-tense - tore it all down and sold off; discarded that which could not be sold - landscaping, track, and so forth.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it - more to follow!

Tom in Missouri

Back