Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
GUY - Nice work on the vanity!

The station is a beauty!

CURT -
Happy to hear that things are improving - hang in there!

TomO - Your statement reminded me of a skit with either D. Rickles or R. Dangerfield.
Whichever one it was said,"My wife runs the house - I get to decide who's going to fight WW3".

No offense please…

but I have never understood the fascination that the USA has about a country’s “Royally entitled family“ we had to have a civil war against to gain our freedoms

may all the “Royals” have good health but beyond that to me they are nothing special

No offence taken.

I'd rather have them instead of some 'Dictator' singing 'The Red Flag' who want to live in Buckingham Palace himself.

Willie have you ever listened to The Lexington Lab Band. They cover just about everyone and do a great job of it. Fleetwood Mac, Led Zeppelin, Steely Dan and many more. They almost got Stevie Nicks down a very close impersonation of her. Here's a video of them covering Boston.
Swal

GUY - Nice work on the vanity!

The station is a beauty!

CURT -
Happy to hear that things are improving - hang in there!

TomO - Your statement reminded me of a skit with either D. Rickles or R. Dangerfield.
Whichever one it was said,"My wife runs the house - I get to decide who's going to fight WW3".
Sherrel, that sounds more like a Dangerfield line than it does Rickles. I find them both much funnier now that they’re gone than when they were alive.

i put the statement into a google search and it comes back right here

Morning folks

Another day in paradise with a cloudless sky and temps near 60F. There will no doubt be a high price to pay for that over the summer.

And another episode of my wife getting cozy with the floor last evening. Put a decent scrape on her left elbow.

No offense please…

but I have never understood the fascination that the USA has about a country’s “Royally entitled family“ we had to have a civil war against to gain our freedoms

may all the “Royals” have good health but beyond that to me they are nothing special
I actually think it's mostly women who get caught up in the "Royals".
Every little girl wants the fairytale.
Regardless of age, inside every woman is a 'Bunnie" who dreams.
I'm okay with that.
When they're distracted, I'm not in trouble. :oops:

Good morning all. Tea and toast please, Flo.

I do not know what you are hearing over the pond, but here very little news is coming from Buckingham Palace. Rumours are flying.
In the news Princess of Wales is named as Kate Middleton and not P.o.W. ???
No word on King Charles' treatment for cancer.?
Queen Camilla has stopped her Royal Engagements.?
Prince William is evasive on any questions.???

That's just a few strange things going on. Now we are hearing the 'world's media' are in London expecting some kind of announcement from Buckingham Palace this week.!!!

In other news; it's Monday and I take younger granddaughter to Brownies. 😀
Dawn had a bad night, so still in bed.
I doubt I shall see the train room.

That is the 9.00am news.

Back later.
Thanks for the report David.
Positive vibes for Dawn.
Have fun at Brownies.

I actually think it's mostly women who get caught up in the "Royals".
Every little girl wants the fairytale.
Regardless of age, inside every woman is a 'Bunnie" who dreams.
I'm okay with that.
When they're distracted, I'm not in trouble. :oops:
Absolutely!!

Me, I could care less about it, but my wife follows them and keeps up on the happenings around them all the time.

G'day Gents & Ladies (of course!),

I am more than ready for a hot mugga Joe - black if you please - and if CambriaArea51 (Tom) has not scarfed down the Apple pie, a hefty slice of that will do me quite fine; thanx!

Awoke to temps in the mid 20's (F) in near-mid-continent USA - Chesterfield, MO; about 25 miles due west of downtown St. Louis. Around here, as with so many other locations, if one is not pleased with the weather conditions - be patient - it is sure to change; quickly. Spring has sprung, we are just experiencing another one of those "dips" commonplace to these parts; was in the 80's (F) just last week.

Been reading thru the pages of this month's contributions to Running Bear's Coffee Shop and in a word - impressive. So many fotos with lots of banter to provide for good humor and all the rest. Seems like a great place to frequent.

Me? I am working on getting my new Lionel O-gauge LionChief sets (Santa Fe Chief - Polar Express - Polar Express freight) ready to roll on my newly constructed (but not finished) 16x8 ft layout.

I do plan on providing fotos on an appropriate Forum that will provide a 'start to finish' pictureography (not a word, I get it) for anyone interested. Of course as I jump into that aspect of participation, some will wind up here (if that does not "violate" the ground-rules for posting).

I also plan on providing many fotos from passenger rail travel in Alaska, the lower-48 and Canada - am awaiting a response from the "Forums" to find out how to create such a Forum and what the ground-rules are. Additionally, I have many, many, fotos from my (now dismantled and sold) layouts in O-S-HO and N; so - there will be lots "to do" for me and hopefully interest from you!

I am not a novice to model railroading nor model railroad forums and websites. I have, over the decades, pretty much enjoyed it all, but as these years have somewhat tarnished from the so-called-Golden-Years, I have found myself withdrawing - the "solitary man" kinda thing.

However, that was then and this is now - I decided to re-emerge into the fun of model railroading and the interaction that goes with it; so here I am.

A refill on the Joe, if you please!

Enjoy this day, one and all.

Tom in Missouri

Willie have you ever listened to The Lexington Lab Band. They cover just about everyone and do a great job of it. Fleetwood Mac, Led Zeppelin, Steely Dan and many more. They almost got Stevie Nicks down a very close impersonation of her. Here's a video of them covering Boston.
Swal

While I have heard some of their stuff, I don't particularly search it out, nor do I have any of it in my personal collection. They are very good though. I do like their videos because they actually show the band performing instead of some abstract off the wall s**t you might have seen on MTV years ago.

Photos are more than welcome on this forum. You can post them here, in a thread of your own, or in any related thread such as "Santa Fe Sunday".
Thanx, WIllie . . . as you most likely are aware, MRR forum-rules vary from site to site; just want to avoid the "non-sense" that at times distracts from the point-of-it-all.

Judging by your handle - SantaFe has meaning for you. Back in 1953 I visited Santa Fe, NM enroute from NYCity to Santa Ana, CA to a Boy Scout Jamboree - all by train. Earlier than that - I believe 1948 - I traveled from LA to Chicago (aboard one of the Chiefs) unaccompanied but well looked after by the crew. Changed trains (and stations) in Chicago to the PRR Broadway LTD bound for NYCity. Was quite the adventure, for sure.

I have traveled Amtrak's SW Chief on round-trips from Chicago to LA, many, many times - but the recollection of the "real Chief" is still very vivid in what is left of my grey-matter.

Tom in Missouri

Ok, feeling better about the world and myself this morning. Terry asked then insisted I join her on the grocery store trek that I really dislike. The Kroger borg purchased the Wisconsin Pick and Save grocery chain about 3 years ago. The changes IMO destroyed a pretty good Wisconsin grocery chain. But, I went. The draw was 6 pack sodas in the 16.9oz bottle any national brand 5 for $10.00 with digital coupon. All are now resting in the train room cooler! The negative is my Naked Brand granola they had on a big sale was empty and when I asked the lady said the sale cleaned out the inventory as they no longer will be selling the brand. Too bad…

I had a weathering client post a video of one his trains operating on a St. Louis layout yesterday! The weathered cars except for a caboose were done by me. Someone asked about the nice weathering and I was mentioned by name. I normally only get a couple inquiries from FB postings every month. Most of my new clients come from referrals. Last night just b4 midnight I checked my FB Messenger and I had 18 requests for information. I just finished replying to them.
That made my morning better!

But, I pissed off the wife! I went and got the Easter stuff bin out. She says why are you in the love seat. Told her I was waiting for her to put out the Easter stuff to save me a trip down the stairs. Don’t you have trains to weather? I don’t want to work on them! Get out of here…

I got the hint, now she’s the gray haired grump! I do have another 11 intermodal well cars to work on

enjoy the day
IMG_4819.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back