Running Bear's February 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Everyone. 28° and clear. Not as warm today as yesterday, but the wind will shift from the south later today and we'll be warmer for a few days after.

Eggs Benedict this morning Flo. Use whole wheat English Muffins please.

Thanks for the likes and comments yesterday regarding the trailers; Patrick, Sherrel, Jerome, Mikey, Beady, Terry, Ken, Garry, Bill, Justin.

Out in the train shed, I finished up the last grain delivery pipe for the elevator/mill complex.
02-21-20 002.JPG

I'll continue to add some minor details to this scene as I find them in the morass of parts that I have accumulated.
Otherwise I took the rest of the day off from modeling and just ran a lot of trains. Did a mixed freight switching turn to my town of Graham, switching a paper goods distributor, a cannery, a tannery, a small manufacturer and a pallet maker. Later I did another turn at my imaginary ethanol processor, swapping out 16 empty tankers for 16 full ones. The tracks are all in place, but none of the buildings have been built. I also have three of the four double loading racks in place. Found an elusive car that still had plastic wheels on it and took care of that promptly.
Still haven't decided what direction I will be going in next. The empty lot/trailer makes sense, but I need to look at it some more. Essentially I have ten layout sections, each about 2' x 16' that have track running through and many industries and other structures in place, but which are mostly devoid of scenery. Other than vehicles, I pretty much have all that I need to complete everything, but I will also have to make 100's of trees and signs. I could just spend a few days just adding some figures to already completed areas.

Terry - I like the blue tarp idea, I have seen that here as well.
Beady - Suggestion noted.
Mikey -
If you don't like the police idea, have 4 or 5 vehicles around the trailer with 10 or 12 migrant workers in the yard.
They're only in the yard when they're drinking beer! My migrant workers are usually at work.
Sherrel - That is one amazing model. The interior looks just like the one that we used to use at work.

Everybody have a great Friday.

Good morning everyone. 16 stinking degrees out there, but sunny and clear. Time for coffee and a couple of doughnuts, please, Flo.

Chessie, Garry, IronBelt Ken, Robots, Wheeler, Flip, Sherrel, Patrick, Boris, Willie, and anyone I may have missed - thanks for the likes and comments on my firehouse photos from yesterday.

Still having problems/delays/other weird stuff happen when I try to post, or even just now when I tried to "like" Willie's post of a few minutes ago - gave me fits. Don't know what's going on. Nothing different on my end - I still have the same computer and ISP I've had for the last year or so.

Here are a couple of exterior photos of the firehouse showing the lighting from the outside. Also the Johnny's Printing building (second photo below) next to the firehouse is also lit. Both of these are in honor of my dad, who was a printer by trade and a member of the volunteer fire department for many years, as I mentioned yesterday.

Fifrehouse Exterior 1.jpg

Firehouse Exterior 2.jpg

That's it for now. Have a good day everyone.

Good morning, everybody.

Garry, AFAIK, it's just the amount of energy stored. Also size comes into play here, more storage = more bulk. For a nice all-in- one mobile decoder (without sound) try a TCS KAT24. I recently installed on on a NWSL Stanton drive and the little bugger gets around pretty well, even over old Atlas switches with dead frogs.
For more than you ever wanted to know about adding Keep Alive circuits to existing decoders, go to HERE

L8ter all, gotta go pay for all this stuff!!

Karl ... Thanks for answering my question. I do have a NWSL Stanton drive in my doodlebug, and I may try your suggestion in it. .... I am thinking of a Keep Alive in a sound decoder. If there is a momentary loss of power, the sound goes off, and then simulates and engine starting up again. I will probably try Keep Alive in that engine.

Willie .... Your grain elevator is impressive.

Johnny .... I like the fire house.

Everybody .... Have a nice Friday.

Mama nature is going crazy this weekend!

This morning it was -6 degrees before going to work. It's now 13 degrees now and won't get much above 20. Tomorrow projection high of 42 and Sunday 48 wow! I will take it! Need relief for the heating bill lol

Ya'll have a good day!

Willie- I think the Airstream trailer would be too "ritzy" for the area you have planned.
That is what I was going to say too.

Just a prototype question for the crowd: Everyday I cross a and parallel the BNSF Emporia sub. Along the parallel, there's a spot where 1 rail becomes 2. There's a double headed what appears to be a stop light (each has a red and green) which I assume is one for each rail, To which rail would each light apply?
I think Dave1905 would know for certain, but I would guess that the top mast is for the straight turnout direction and the bottom for the diverging track.

Good Day! It's a very pleasant 76 degrees here at the moment! A few very high wispy clouds floating along, but only supposed to reach 58 tomorrow with possible moisture.
FLO, Hope you are having a good day - I would entertain a ham sandwich on toast with Mayo and Dijon mustard and a glass of milk, please.

Thanks for the likes of Steve's truck/tractor. He is really a craftsman and puts in somewhere north of 300 or more hours on some of his creations. He told me that he once spent a year on one of them and NOT touching anything in between - that's dedication!

Waiting on the "new" furniture to be delivered -- then I have to make tracks on another couple errands. Getting used to my truck now; it is a peppy little critter and I am beginning to like it! Everything works! Had to put a couple drops of oil on the door hinges - they were squeaking!

The neighborhood is having a garage sale next weekend and the Spousal Unit has decided that it is time to take leave of some of her possessions that she has been unable to part with over the last 30 years. (praise bee!)

The neighborhood is having a garage sale next weekend and the Spousal Unit has decided that it is time to take leave of some of her possessions that she has been unable to part with over the last 30 years. (praise bee!)
I've got to do that, too. I've got a ton of railroad stuff I'll never use, Lego kits I'll never build, I'm thinking of getting out of the shooting hobby, my coin collection is tying up several thousand dollars, and one of the things we inherited from MIL is her husband's pre-WW2 stamp collection. And then there's my meteorite and fossil collections, and the odds and ends I bought in late-night online shopping sessions. I could be living on ebay for years.

FB_IMG_1579805315204.jpg

Good Morning All. Partly cloudy and 39° for this Saturday morning. Looks like it will be in the upper 50's and lower 60's every day except Wednesday coming up. Still in the partying mode here, a friend in Dallas is having his 70th birthday party tonight. Party starts at 5:30 in deference to the old people who might be attending. David himself fell asleep on the couch last week at my wife's party! I have known his wife for over 50 years, she was one of the suspects drinking shots of tequila last week at that party.
Spent some time in the garden yesterday planting more onions and a small row of radishes. It was just barely workable from the recent rain, but just the right amount of moisture in the soil that I didn't have to apply any water.

Thanks for the likes and comments regarding the grain elevator/mill yesterday; Johnny, Karl, Bill, Jerome, Patrick, Garry, Chad, Phil, Ken, Sherrel, Justin, Rick, Joe. Always appreciated.

Morning Flo. I see fresh salmon on the specials board today, I'll take some of that along with a couple of poached eggs this morning. Top it off with one of those fresh apple turnovers.

I didn't get a lot of time in the train shed yesterday, mostly due to other chores and tasks. That's the downside of my wife deciding to unretire and go back to work. Is "unretire" a real word? Made the decision on the vacant lot and started assembling a different trailer than any of the three pictured Thursday. Left the camera outside and I won't get it yet because I detect the faint odor of a skunk present. Meanwhile I am going to do a few small projects before tackling anything else besides the trailer. I am going to add figures to some areas that are underpopulated right now. Here's the first target. The sidewalk in front of the Rivoli Movie Theater. This is a Walther's kit with a way too thick base/sidewalk. Thus I made it stand alone rather than trying to match it with other structures.
02-21-20 003.JPG

I did put a ticket seller in the booth when I assembled the structure as access later would have been impossible.
02-21-20 004.JPG

I already have over a hundred figures already painted and ready to go, just have to pick out the most appropriate ones. More to come.

Slow day yesterday in the Coffee Shop and the forum in general. Not much to comment on. I kinda miss Chet. Was he going to be traveling or something? I hope all is well.
Today is National Margarita Day, so I know what will be served tonight, but not to me. When I was younger, today was a national holiday celebrating George Washington's birthday; but the government intervened and dictated a change.

Everybody have a great day.

Good morning. Got down to 40* this morning but the sun has pushed it back up to a pleasant 57*.
Had a 60 dodge with pushbuttons. Also test drove an Edsel Ranger but hated the center pushbuttons.
Y'all stay safe.
Phil

Just a quick check in. Been missing in action again. Presently in LOST WAGES, NV. Been down here since early last week getting together with some old friends from the Navy. We have kept in touch over the years and finally picked a spot and all got together.

Worked out good for me as the NASCAR race is here this weekend. My wife just flew down this morning and brought the laptop. Hate to try to keep up with posts on a phone. Will get back later as the Xfinity race starts shortly.

Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back