What Products Would You Like to See Manufactures and Supplies Provide.....?

Greg@mnrr

Section Hand
Every now and then I think of something available to purchase that would be nice to have for our model railroading hobby and I could use on the layout or as a handy tool. Since I have a modest sized layout I have a many background buildings from Walthers. While these buildings fit in with the layout's theme after some detailing, painting and exterior lighting, I would like background building kits with more original details like the Walther's Merchants Row or DPM buildings, but as background buildings. Better window, door and brick details are what interest me without scratch building the structures.

What are you seeking for that's not in your LHS inventory or made by a manufacture?

Thanks.

Greg

For N scale I'd like to see more cars and trucks from the mid fifties to mid sixties. There is a limited selection and it will be hard to populate a layout without quite a bit of duplication.

In HO, I'd like to see Jordan Highway Miniatures return, or someone do similar products. They had such neat little kits, and nobody does much of anything similar. More 1940-1950's era construction equipment. Wishful thinking probably.

I'm with Rick on this one. More modern cars, vans and small trucks for the 70-90's. Boleys filled the gap for bigger trucks already.

To these threads I always used to say, "a Northern Pacific Z6, EMD E1 units". Can't say those two anymore. So for me it would be:
1. Budd blunt tail observation car. (only CB&Q)
2. EMD E5. (once again only CB&Q)
3. The rebuilt RS-3s with EMD prime movers. (a Mopac thing).
4. Budd Dome Sleepers (a Northern Pacific thing)
5. G-gauge turnouts size R3. I understand why no one makes the above items. They are very rare, specific, and have a very small market. But this one I really don't understand, R3 is probably the most common size in use and yet all the turnouts are R1 or R5!!?!

Back