Who has built a model of this?

I doubt anyone has, but there are, I think, maybe, some Loco models already. (take that reply with whatever grain of salt, hardens your arteries)

I was going to add, that as it's a prototype, of what might become the prototype of any models made, it's unlikely any model manufactures will use that particular prototype, prototype, to use as the prototype for any models, considering that the original prototype may go through several refinements to that prototype, before deciding on a final prototype for the production runs. (the real ones, that is)

Then the model making companies will need to obtain accurate dimensional drawings of that final 1/1 scale prototype, in order to develop their scaled down prototype drawings and make their first prototype casting (or printing). That prototype may have to go through several modifications and revues (and more prototypes) before settling on the final prototype model, before final approval is given for production to begin.

Other railroads have built LNG tenders using actual old well cars with tank containers plus additional hardware. These would be relatively easy to model by putting the required pieces together.

Back