Running Bear's October 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willie, you make a good point, but with an over $83,000 median income I'd seriously doubt 2/3rds of those households are not paying taxes. Don't forget lottery revenue , sales, tobacco and alcohol taxes as well. The poor pay more than their fair share of those.

The figure $6000 is typical of the austerity folks using scare tactics.

In my experience you have to spend money to make money.

Afternoon All,

Feeling better today but still draggy even after about 11 hours of sleep last night. I trimmed the hedge bushes today and son helped rake the branches up.

Willie- Nice layout shots.

Ken- Sorry to hear about your wife's setback.

Garry- Good news.

Chet- I like the 2 box cars. I don't think I have seen that logo before.

twforeman- Nice background building. I like the depth given by the platform.

20190429_130241.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

And the family drama continues. I'm actually getting used to it, and I'm beginning to wonder what I'll do when it's over; a silly thought, really, given all the trains and Legos down in the basement.

Anyway, on my phone it says I was last on here about page 18, and were now on page 33. Sorry, but I'm not even going to try to catch up, not least because it would be pointless to reply to anything. I did, however, notice something about ads running on the forum? I haven't seen any yet, but have no objection; I've learned to tolerate Facebook's ads.

Here are some odds and ends I've picked up, some of them are even train-related:

FB_IMG_1571254968343.jpg
FB_IMG_1571159647303.jpg
FB_IMG_1570584629202.jpg
FB_IMG_1571075248661.jpg
FB_IMG_1571250612564.jpg
FB_IMG_1571254088018.jpg
FB_IMG_1571073933494.jpg
FB_IMG_1571254296974.jpg
FB_IMG_1571254486987.jpg
FB_IMG_1571254437901.jpg
x

Greetings, just a drive-by update on MOH:

The pre-auth came thru and she got the CAT scan. There is definitely inflammation and blockage of the small intestine, but the radiologist says it's NOT from any kind of cancer (thank God!) But they told her to check herself into the ER so they could hook her up to get IV nutrition, and put an "NG" [?] tube thru her nose and throat to pump out the accumulated air. Then hopefully the doc's will get a clearer picture of what exactly is the cause [and possible remedy?] for this issue.

Getting ready to leave now to visit her. Thanks for the continued support y'all!

The ads are pretty funny sometimes. Right now at the bottom are two big ones:

One for a company called Torrid for bigger women's clothing, and one for something about SSA and Seniors in 2019 (I am not that close to retirement).

This is not a complaint -- just a funny observation about Google's "targeted" ads.

Last edited:
The ads are pretty funny sometimes. Right now at the bottom are two bigones:

One for a company called Torrid for bigger women's clothing, and one for something about SSA and Seniors in 2019 (I am not that close to retirement).

This is not a complaint -- just a funny observation about Google's "targeted" ads.
Maybe there's something about you that they know and you don't.

At the club tonight a member was showing us advance consist for locomotives. Really neat how it works, all engines in the consist can run prototypical. Instead of the lead unit having the brake noise and dynamic braking for example all in the consist will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back