Train room electronics question

T.C.

I don't know if this is the correct place for this ?
Here goes anyway......... I have an old Panasonic Quad receiver under the layout that still works all except for the display lights.
Seems someone left it on(me) and the bulbs have burnt out, I would really like to get this going with the lights as it's kinda dark under the layout and hard to tune w/o being lit.
Does anyone know where I can get these old bulbs, I have part numbers ?
XAM37T and XAM43T I believe they are 12.6V 3A ( I checked the output with a multimeter on one of the bulb leads and it read 12.5v AC ) I think the bulbs could be AC or DC though ?
This would make my layout building much more enjoyable if I can get this thing fixed.
Thanks for any help or advise
T.C.

Yes I did, I also tried DigiKey, All elect. and a few others.
The one bulb is what they call a "fuse bulb" the other bulb looks more like a large grain of wheat bulb.
I thought about just putting LED's in but I don't think they work on AC ?
Also regular size grain of wheat bulbs are to small and don't give off enough light.
It's all about the search....................lol
Thanks T.C.

Thanks for the replies, that's a lot of info on AC led's, I'll bookmark the page for the future.
I did find bulbs to replace the fuse bulbs, the other bulb looks like a large bullet bulb (about 1/2")with two wires coming from it.
I'm sure I can find a 12v bulb to replace it ? I would post a picture but I have reassembled the unit until the parts arrive.
Hopefully all will work ?
Thanks T.C.

Back