Running Bear's April 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Everyone....sunny after rain last night and we'll going to miss a major a late season snowstorm on Wednesday and Thursday.

Willie: I'll do a different tread on the EZ Lines with some photos.

Dave: The facilities staff and myself had to undergo OSHA and other Health and Safety courses which I still recall today.

Garry: Great photo of #544.

Short 'n Sweet....

Greg

Only CSX locomotive I like.
img-3128_orig.jpg
4994990_orig.jpg

Very nice layout shot there, KARL!
Looks as if I missed some excitement here yesterday?
LOUIS - I've tried calling you a couple times? Glad to see you are feeling somewhat better.

YEE-HAW! Supposed to be 86 today!

WOW, TERRY!
Local here we are at 92 degrees and clear -(they sorta missed it today)

Winds are from due South at 8.

Afternoon All,

Started with a few chores, then after lunch I started hand cleaning sidings. I got most of it done, but I still need to do the coal mine leads and the main line which I should finish tomorrow. I think we're supposed to get storms tomorrow. I had problems getting the TT bridge to turn. The more I tried to get it to work the more frustrated I got. Although the bridge had not been lifted prior to, I pulled it off, cleaned it and it started to work.o_O

Terry- Fun times with the weather.

Karl- Nice layout shot. WOW, I'm impressed that you have a 4 track main.

Louis- Prayers for you're recovery.

Willie- Yes, people are that stupid. I never realized how bad until I worked in EMS. I usually put some A&I on my signs to give a dirty look.

Justin- I'm glad you're daughter is doing better.

Chet- Great scenes.

Dave- Neat perspective in the photo. Sorry to hear of your family's medical issue.

Johnny- I hope everything goes well with your wife.

Garry- That would be a neat place for lunch and a good subject for weathering.

Sherrel- You have us beat by a couple of degrees.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Was a beautiful day, temp hit 80° at 1356. It was crowded at the Beach, considering it's a Monday in April. Because of the off shore (SW) wind, the sea was relatively calm.

Boris

It was 68 and sunny today. I just sat on the deck all afternoon and watched people walk by

We made it to 68 as well. I got off work a little and walked down by the Mississippi. Tons of people out but there are still some quiet spots.

Sounds great, but how cold/warm was the water?

Willie: Cold enough that even the gulls were avoiding it. They don't give water temperature reports this early, only the Buoys further out. My guess was the mid 40s based on the other day when the wind was on shore, and the air temp stayed around 45°. The South shore of Long Island never got out of the upper 50s and the wind was on shore there.

Justin, Karl, Ray: CSX Numero Uno has a lightning bold below the numeral. does that designate an AC motor?

Good morning Everybody!

My recovery is slow, but sure, thanks for all the prayers and positive thoughts.

Good morning y'all. 46° and very cloudy.

[QUOTE="PRR Modeler, post: 455581, member: 5289"]Yes, people are that stupid. I never realized how bad until I worked in EMS. I usually put some A&I on my signs to give a dirty look.[/QUOTE]

Curt: People demonstrate their stupidity on a regular basis. The person who drives up to a railroad crossing, and encounters several cars ahead of him stopped for an on coming train, who whips around the standing cars using the opposite lane, and becomes a front end ornament on a locomotive, and doesn't understand why the train didn't stop for him or her....of course that's assuming they are still capable of understanding at that point.

[QUOTE="bnsf971, post: 455599, member: 1420"]Joe, lightning bolt does signify AC traction.[/QUOTE]

Terry: Thanks, I thought so but wasn't sure. I absconded to Amtrak before the "Transaction" closed, so I wasn't around to be immersed in CSX or NS culture.

There is a postscript to my relationship with Conrail and subsequently CSX and NS. I was working as an engineer with Conrail when the split became apparent. I also had rights to Amtrak employment with full seniority rights on the Northeast Corridor. After attending a familiarization meeting held by the NS, I decided my best move was to exercise my Amtrak option. The actual NS / CSX transaction did not go into effect until six months after I went with Amtrak. As it turned out, I became listed as an employee of both railroads, an Engineer with NS, and a Manager with CSX. Neither could figure out where I was working. When I retired ten years later, NS sent me a Green Northern Region jacket and hat, as a token of their appreciation for my loyal service..

Boris

Good morning Everybody!

My recovery is slow, but sure, thanks for all the prayers and positive thoughts.

Louis: Take care...still praying for your recovery. How 'bout Chris Davis new MLB record? 0 for 49 consecutive at bats! The O's do look better this year.

Boris.

Good Morning All. 64° and clear in North Central Texas. Should be near 90° later today after a high of 82° yesterday. Sausage and cheese biscuit sounds good today Francine. I gave the mower and weedeater a good workout yesterday, but barely put a dent into the overall yard. Must have wore me out as I slept 9 hours last night minus several bathroom breaks. I'll get back to it later today after the dew dries. Picked the first asparagus of the season from the garden yesterday.

Thanks for the comments and likes from yesterday, Joe, Johnny, Phil, Garry, and anyone else who I may have missed.

Out in the train shed, all is still well. I continued with the scene that I am working on, I've moved forward to coarse foam along with the never ending weeds (field grass). Started work on stockpiling trees over at the workbench. Had to make a slight adjustment on the alignment of one structure so boxcar doors would line up with the door better. It was correct at the beginning but I must have bumped it at some point.

I don't have any current progress pictures of anything, but here are a few random pictures of laser-cut wood structures that are currently on unscenicked areas. First up is a Bar Mills kit called "Sweaty Betty's". The BBQ sign is my own in keeping with the locale around here.
05-02-18 017.JPG

The "Green Door Lounge" is a Blair Line kit that really stands out in person. Unfortunately the area of the layout that is located on probably won't see development for another 18 months unless I really get off my ass.
7-18-17 002.JPG

Justin - Good news regarding your daughter. Don't worry too much about the layout. There's long stretches on mine where trains run through bare plywood.
Johnny - Positive thoughts for Dena.
Chet -
Finally managed to get my britches buttoned for the first time since the surgery.
To quote someone else, "One small step for man..." I like your mini-scenes. I'll post more once I remember to pick up the camera.
Dave -
I haven't had to do OSHA 30.
Lucky you! At least our instructor spread it out at 3 hours a day for two weeks the second time around. I know that damn manual backwards and forwards still; and first aid, CPR, EPA and hazardous spills, all the good stuff. Prayers and thoughts for your wife's sister.
Beady -
It was 68 and sunny today. I just sat on the deck all afternoon and watched people walk by
I sometimes do the same except all that walks by are cows! They don't wave back.

Today is National Unicorn Day. Don't do a Joe Biden and hug one though.
Everyone have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back