Digitrax Problems...no Track Power Indications on LocoNet Panel and Throttles do not Work

Greg@mnrr

Section Hand
I have a Digitrax system with a DB 150 and various throttles from a DT402 down the the UT2's. The system runs fine when running trains but when switching to programming the track indicator lights on the Loco Panels do not show power. The throttles lite and show to be active and the programming track shows power going to the tracks when tested. But, no communications between the throttle(s) and the programming track.

No matter what I do the locomotive on he programming track will not respond nor with the track power indicator lites on the LocoNet panels do not light up.

The locoNet panel lights all work fine when running trains.

I changed DB 150 units and had no change. I have DPDT toggle switch that I can switch from the layout track power to the separate programming track.

This is confusing problem that nothing in the Digitrax website or manuals addresses.

Thanks.

Have you been able to program locomotives with this setup in the past?
How much power, voltwise is going to the programming track?

The programming track is isolated on my workbench and the voltage is approximate 12-14 volts.

This programming track has been use for the last 10 years without trouble.

Thanks.

Greg

Last edited:
I don't think there is supposed to be full track voltage to the programming track when it's used for programming.
Also, the DB150 can only program when in the command station mode. If it's used as a booster, it can't program.
Also, be sure that your throttle is in Ops Mode for programming.

Ken: When I switched to the programming track the programming track has the same voltage as the track output. No indicator lights are lite on any of the LocoNet Panels. Checked or shorts and didn't find any.

Greg

Last edited:
Guess what....the problem disappeared as fast as it appeared and everything is working fine. Just a word about Digitrax and they will receive a letter from me.

Their first response was basically try this and if it doesn't work send it for repairs. They second was just about as helpful. I tried to respond to the third email with a more detailed description of my problem we resulted in Digitrax just referring back to my last two emails and Digitrax's reply. So I send them a fourth email and opened a new ticket since I was unable to reopen any of the first tickets and here's Digitrax's response...

"You have now opened up 4 new tickets on the same issue. I have replied to these previous tickets.

You are doing something wrong. Refer to your Manual for instructions on programming. Follow these instructions step by step

"Please note that all tickets are Administratively Closed after a response is made. If further communication is required, please reopen the ticket instead of creating a new one. "

I wasn't my fault that I was unable to reopen the first ticket which I did explain in my third attempt.

I'll tell Digitrax in my letter that if I didn't have six Digitrax throttles, three Digitrax DB150's , a Digitax PR-4 and countless Digitrax decoders many decoders never used....I'll switch to NCE tomorrow!!! No more Digitrax decoders.

Ken & Tom: Thanks for your suggestions!!!!!!

Greg

They must have been having an off day, as my experience with Digitrax support, has always been excellent.

Back