I'm finding this Forum to be having troubles.

I don't have a Cell Phone, the wife does; but, I have made a conscious decision that I don't want one, I don't want a smart phone either! I realize I am a dinosaur compared to you guys when it comes to technology and I wonder why I am an a user of DCC? We are considering buying a lap top again, so we can access the internet in the summer over at the RV park and when on trips. This would be the 3rd lap top I have owned and maybe we should go with a tablet.

What do we think our problem with this forum is?

We found and corrected a problem on Friday. One of the network cards was exhibiting intermittent connection issues. Usually it would connect and respond very quickly, but occasionally it would just stall. Because it didn't simply fail, the problem was very hard to track down, even though a failed network card is probably the most common server issue there is. The hosting company had problems finding the failure point and determining where it was originating, and this time of year with all the storms and bad weather, network slowdowns are common, so it was hard to even be sure the server itself was the issue. (And in some case it wasn't the server, based on various "trace route" tests I did). We finally managed to pin down the flaky card and hopefully resolve things. Based on testing this weekend, it seems much better.

As of Friday, nobody should be seeing connection issues. If you still are, let me know.

PS.. The Admin suredly knows all this by now.. No sense adding more 'malfunction-describing' posts..They'll fix it when and if they can...

It's fine to speak up if you're seeing issues. This problem affected everyone, but some do not. There could be a broken link or bug in the forum that I'm not aware of. Also, the fact that multiple users are seeing this helped us track down that "Yes, it really is the server and not storms affecting things locally, as I have members also seeing the issue from different locations"

OK, so it's either working great, or it's totally broken and nobody can see this. :)

I'm seeing other posts, so presumably stuff is working. Has this problem gone away for those that were seeing it?

OK, so it's either working great, or it's totally broken and nobody can see this. :)

I'm seeing other posts, so presumably stuff is working. Has this problem gone away for those that were seeing it?

Yes, all of the issues I was experiencing have been fixed. Thanks Bob!

It was random and very intermittent, so a lot of folks never saw it. When you did, hitting refresh was usually all it took to make it vanish. Like the electrical short in the back corner of your layout that only happens once in a while, this was tough to track down. I worked on it for about 3 weeks, and the hosting company tried various things. For a while we thought the dang thing was related to php memory leaks and went down that rabbit hole.

I could not figure out what people were referring too?
I spend too much time on the forum - seems like I am on whenever I sit down boo-koo times a day!
I just never experienced any "glitch" at all.

I could not figure out what people were referring too?
I spend too much time on the forum - seems like I am on whenever I sit down boo-koo times a day!
I just never experienced any "glitch" at all.

I'm glad it was working for you!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so it's either working great, or it's totally broken and nobody can see this.
I have not gotten the same issue today. It had been quite pervasive to me regardless of access point/software used, so seems to be fixed.

Yup new issues very similar to last time. Sluggish and a message edit save takes FOooorreeevvver.

I made Terry aware of this in the Coffee shop this morning, and he confirmed its happening again. He was going to get ahold of the proper authorities.

I just a few minutes ago dealt with the same thing again. 'edit' worked first time I needed to edit. Then for a 2nd edit the orange bars were flyin by and no edit page appeared .. I actually left this and went to a diff thread for a few seconds. When I returned to mine the edit was now fine for 2 more edits.. So prob may have something to do with allowing system to check for foul words or flaming once you've entered your post or thread.. Just a wild guess....M

Back