Running Bear's February 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
1550571040828.png

Good Morning all,

Cold start with 5 degrees. The plus is that temps will rise to near 30 degrees. We received about 4 inches of snow yesterday, so that’s a bummer! Went and had taxes done yesterday. It was better than I thought. We didn’t get squat back, but didn’t owe like we thought. I guess that was a win.

Have a great day!

Good Morning All. 36° and cloudy. That's the high for today and rain is in the forecast.

Jim - Nice pictures.
Johnny - Have a safe trip.
Beady - Great progress.
Tom - Where's the rest of the photos from the show?

Everyone have a great day.

And boats. The boats kind of went over like a crap-flavored snowcone, but I managed to snag one of the two versions. This one is the rarer one:
IMG_4008.jpg

Good morning all,
0 degrees and sunny! Expecting 4 to 6" snow tomorrow. Winter didn't start here until Jan. 5 or so but in the last two weeks made up for it. Snow removal is so bad in Minneapolis that on many streets we lost an entire lane, and no effort has been made to remove the snow.

Here is a shot of my switcher:

_MG_5517-2.jpg

I love all the photos!

have a banner day...

Good morning, 26° and sunny. Coastal Jersey again escapes the Winter Storm Advisory or warning. Some snow predicted overnight with changeover and mild temperatures before it's over.

Karl: Nice haul.

Louis and Garry: Nice photos.

Beady: If your back holds out, you will have trains running in short order.

Texaco, used to have a distribution center, located on the Pennsylvania - Delaware border. They used a fireless steam locomotive to perform interplant switching. It was painted Red with white striping and a Big Red Texaco Star centered just below the headlamp. That would have made a cool toy.

Boris

Good morning all,
0 degrees and sunny! Expecting 4 to 6" snow tomorrow. Winter didn't start here until Jan. 5 or so but in the last two weeks made up for it. Snow removal is so bad in Minneapolis that on many streets we lost an entire lane, and no effort has been made to remove the snow.

Here is a shot of my switcher:

View attachment 34545

I love all the photos!

have a banner day...

Would that switcher be a Mantua?

Good Morning Everyone...............sunny but cold here in this part of Wisconsin....snow tonight and tomorrow. Snow removal here in the village is curb to curb with most of the snow plowed up on the property owners' lawns. The streets and roads are wide as possible for the most part. The City of Milwaukee is a different story with all the cars that are left on the streets over night during the snow storms. The cars get plowed in and the poor car owners have a lot of shoveling to get their cars freed from all the snow. Many just leave their cars and let them be towed to the impound yard.

Worked on the layout yesterday and spent time finding a location for a Walther's freight terminal. I did all the landscaping around the new location forgetting that the building blocks the engineer's view of two uncoupling magnets. Later, I'll need to find a new location for this building. I also did some ballasting which I used to enjoy, but no longer find it fun do.

Today, after lunch I'll continue to search for a location for the freight building. The Walther's model has Campbell's metal corrugated roofing that I weathered by dipping the roof panels in Radio Shack's circuit board etching solution. The roof panels come out of the solution looking rusty and weathered with some holes. The solution works slow and then speeds up so you have to be careful to quickly remove the panels from the solution and rise the panels in clear water. After the roof panels are installed on the building the weathered roof panels add years to the model with little effort.

That's all to report today..............

Greg

###################

New River Mine - Two.jpg

Good morning fellers! I hope everyone is doing well. Figured I'd stop by and see how everyone is doing. After some deep track cleaning from not running my layout. I am back up and running trains. I actually have found time to run them between baby duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back