I'm finding this Forum to be having troubles.

N

NP2626

Sometimes to see my Alerts, or to Edit Posts, the site will not allow me to do so. This problem began a couple weeks ago. There will be a flashing orange Dot. Dot, Dah in the upper right corner of the page, under the blue bar. The website seems to be slower than it used to be skipping from one forum topic to another. Supposedly I have Fiber Optics Broad Band Service providing 250 MB speed. So this problem should not be on my end.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, Its not on your end. I'm experiencing all these issues as well. Its happening on my phone, and home PC. I know its not my internet provider. Its happening at home, and work too, which are totally different networks, and internet providers.

I'm not having any of the problems described except sometimes slow loading pages. I attribute that to Louis (Bruette) hogging all of the bandwidth!:p

When in doubt, blame it on Louis. (He has broad shoulders).:)

Over all, I do not notice a problem with the forum. FWIW, I have had three separate WIN10 updates from Microsoft within the last 2 weeks. The last one took so long, that I was beginning to fear that it had destroyed the content of my hard drive. It's possible that the forum's host's software conflicts with some of the new code.

Unlike Willie ;), instead of blaming Louis, I blame Microsoft :rolleyes:

Boris

It doesn't sound like a Windows(Microsoft) problem. I'm experiencing the very same symptoms on a Windows(home PC), IOS(phone), and Android(tablet) devices. Three different operating systems.

No problems out here; two different Win10 laptops, Frontier (used to be Verizon) fiber network.
Phone LG type no prob as well.

Probably trying to find out why, too. I'm thousands of miles away and still getting the message "Page can't be found", then a couple of seconds later and it appears.

This also happens to me. My Windows 10 did an upgrade on Friday morning that took about 1/2 hour to complete. This effected nothing as far as this forum is concerened.

I, a minute ago entered a reply to a new member's OP. I decided it was good to go and posted it. Then I wanted to edit a word. The edit button first started those yellow, vertical moving bars (meaning post is being downloaded). Fine. But they disappeared and 'edit' remained frozen and wouldn't open, after many attempts...(I won't try it here).. M

PS.. The Admin suredly knows all this by now.. No sense adding more 'malfunction-describing' posts..They'll fix it when and if they can...

The problem appears to be fairly pervasive! It looks like quite a few posters here, are experiencing the same problem! I am somewhat surprised that Bob hasn't said anything yet. It's possible this is the new normal. Also, I am not finding similar problems to this one at other websites!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still running Windows 7 Home, and have experienced NO problems such as you mention. Wonder if the lunar eclipse last night had anything to do with it? Any reports of solar flares?

Once again an obsolete Windows Version is a better product. I found my older Windows XP to have been the most stable of the versions I'd had. I held onto it until Microsoft decided it would no longer support it. Nothing I've had since has been as good! Given the evolution of computer operating systems I should think anything above Windows XP would be even better, not so.

So, is it Windows 10 that is causing the problem? If you've had the problem I've described, are you using Windows 10?

I have not had any problems with Win7, except slow loading occasionally. I attribute it to my rural ISP, or picture-heavy pages.

Once again an obsolete Windows Version is a better product. I found my older Windows XP to have been the most stable of the versions I'd had. I held onto it until Microsoft decided it would no longer support it. Nothing I've had since has been as good! Given the evolution of computer operating systems I should think anything above Windows XP would be even better, not so.

So, is it Windows 10 that is causing the problem? If you've had the problem I've described, are you using Windows 10?

See post#7 I’m having issues with 3 different operating systems!

Back