RTV&T

Hi all! I've been out of model railroading for over 30 years and am now dipping my toe back into the pool. My, how things have changed!

Hi. RT . What MRR things do you have at this time; locos, cars, track ? What scale or scales are they (O, HO, N, )? Do you have a controller such as a DC analog MRC Tech II power pack, or say, Lionel transformer ? If you've little to no locos and you are able to afford state of the art electronics, I'd highly recommend going with DCC control such as NCE PowerCab, or Digitraxx controllers. Then if you do, go with DCC/"sound on board" locos. I don't want to insult you by assuming you don't know any of this already. I do though, suggest check out all this jargon via within this forum, in 'how to' books, mags, and/or in YouTube videos on the subject. A local MRR club is also a great place to get questions answered. With a DCC run MRR you get complete independence of locos just like the 1:1 scale, along with their individual sounds. Far as what track scheme you want, that's something only you can decide.
Welcome back to the greatest hobby of them all.. M

Back