1930s Fire Trucks -- probable Kitbashing project

Wow!
It's my recollection that the Jordan products are white metal kits, but are any of them plastic?

We are in a bit of an austerity budget mode around here following the holidays, but if any of your stock is offered for sale, I would entertain the possibility. Bearing in mind that I am going for a 1930s look on the premise that these would be newly manufactured items, and so I would probably be more looking to cannibalize them for parts, if they are more geared to 1920s or earlier.
All the Jordan kits are injection molded with amazing detail. I was modelling the N&W in the pre-war years, up to 1940 or so. Many vehicles were kept through the depression, so I have lots of Model A's and a few T's and other trucks and farm tractors etc.

All the Jordan kits are injection molded with amazing detail. I was modelling the N&W in the pre-war years, up to 1940 or so. Many vehicles were kept through the depression, so I have lots of Model A's and a few T's and other trucks and farm tractors etc.
Hmmm... If you're in the market to sell, PM me. I can't promise that I'll be acting very soon -- see my earlier references to this being a longer-range project -- and I wouldn't need more than a few things, I think.. but definitely open to considering a transaction sometime down the road at the right kind of price point. And thanks for the heads-up....

Erik, I found a link to this book on google which has pics of end door auto boxcars built in the mid teens. And by golly, they are SOO and Milwaukee Road cars!

Railroading and the Automobile Industry By Jeff Wilson see page 25.

While it is likely too recent for your era, I found these via a Google search which led me to another well known RR forum post of which I wont mention names. Just found them interesting and topical.

UP end-door auto boxcar

Pennsylvania RR Steel Boxcar 59861, Interior length 70' 6" Height 10'

That Wilson book link is perfect.. Thank you for finding that, Dave. Exactly the sort of images I've been hunting for.

Back