Show Your Work Area

Here's one from mid-November. Note the redneck-style casters on the legs, so it can be rolled under the benchwork for op sessions:

Trainroom_mess_3.jpg

...and here's what my son made in his workshop and gave me for Christmas, to replace it:

Roll-Away_Workbench.jpg

(If it looks familiar, it's because I also posted this one in the Christmas Gifts thread)

Up until late 2016, I was using a repurposed drink-serving counter in the basement rec room with roughly the same surface area. Then my wife offered me an entire [extra] 16ft wall in the garage that was covered with shelves full of her stuff, if I'd let her remodel the rec room without the bar. So now my trainroom alternates as a workshop -or- an operating layout...

Rico,
I can find myself looking at the BN map a lot! It is so cool to see the entire country with the associated rail lines. Of course some of those lines have been abandoned.

I like your work area and the multiple small drawer cabinets. What do you store in the tall set of drawers to the left side? I could use something like that for storage.
Scott

I don't think we have eaten on the dining room table for years (probably 2). Mostly it sits there collecting dust.

That’s funny, same with us. We had the kitchen, and dining room remodeled 14 months ago. When it was all done my wife bought a new table that seats 8.
The 3 of us haven’t had a meal on it yet. We eat at the breakfast bar. I still wouldn’t be able to do any modeling on it without feeling the wife’s wrath!

All the comforts that are needed. YouTube train videos, trains running on the layout and model railroad projects to work on.

Similar to my own. The perennial metal office desk, the old Radio Shack 9 drawer parts cabinet, and the clutter LOL! I moved my Radio Shack parts cabinet over to the reloading bench and got other cabinets for the Model RR bench. The reloading bench needed it for the bigger goodies required in that hobby. The Model RR bench needed more space for smaller parts!

I like your work area and the multiple small drawer cabinets. What do you store in the tall set of drawers to the left side? I could use something like that for storage.
Scott

Scott, I keep loose cars (ones with no original boxes) and future "to-do's" in it.
That is an IKEA cabinate, there's similar smaller ones on wheels I plan to add.

Attachments

• IMG_2652.JPG
    IMG_2652.JPG
    210.5 KB · Views: 278

Back