Aristocraft Brass Track Joining Screws

Sirfoldalot

Days Gone Bye!
Staff member
Does anyone know where to obtain the very tiny flat head phillips screws that hold the track joiners in place on Aristo Craft G Scale track.
I have been looking for over an hour, but cannot seem to enter the correct search criteria, or else maybe there are none?
It's an extremely small screw - even smaller than eyeglass screws.

Thanks in advance .....

Does anyone know where to obtain the very tiny flat head phillips screws that hold the track joiners in place on Aristo Craft G Scale track.
I have been looking for over an hour, but cannot seem to enter the correct search criteria, or else maybe there are none?
As I recall, last Christmas I took one into Ace hardware and they found them for me. All I remember about them is they were metric. I've not learned the metric screw sizing "scheme" yet.

Well I searched...are these the same. The "driver" looks like the ones I have.
https://www.onlytrains.com/model/tr...MIkuvGsf6V3wIVTrjACh2-jQHeEAQYASABEgJ6WfD_BwE

And Amazon (of-course) but it says - unavalible
https://www.amazon.com/Hex-Head-Track-Screws-Driver

Edit - here we go. In stock and it specifically says also works for Aristo-Craft.
https://wgrr.ca/USA-Trains-50-track-screws-driver_p_316.html

http://www.reindeerpass.com/USA-Trains-Track-Screws-50.aspx

Last edited:
Guys -- really appreciate your help.
Haven't decided which way to go.
Perhaps I should revert to using a bunch of those "track clamps"?
May have to go back to the Lionel set for around the tree this year.
I should have sorted this all out months ago! :mad::mad::mad:

Guys -- really appreciate your help.
Haven't decided which way to go.
Perhaps I should revert to using a bunch of those "track clamps"?
May have to go back to the Lionel set for around the tree this year.
I should have sorted this all out months ago!
Is there a specific reason you want to screw the tracks together? I ran this type of track for years and years at Christmas time without screwing it together. Just push it together and it holds quite well (assuming that the one original joiner is still screwed on). The only reason I did it last year was because I laid it on fake grass which was laid over the carpet.

Is there a specific reason you want to screw the tracks together? I ran this type of track for years and years at Christmas time without screwing it together. Just push it together and it holds quite well (assuming that the one original joiner is still screwed on). The only reason I did it last year was because I laid it on fake grass which was laid over the carpet.

Thank you Iron Horstman ...
I'm going to try it today as per your suggestion. Then I will also check the ACE store here in town which has everything under the sun. Best hardware store I have found since leaving KC in the 70's - if you want 1 nail - you can buy one nail, not the whole box.
I cannot believe that out of the hundreds of tiny screws that I don't have some (I even found that I have screws smaller than the ones I'm trying to find.) I supposed that it is due to being metric... which I am sadly deficient on. There is a pretty good hobby shop about 45 min away. I just hate to spend an hour getting there+return. And I know I will buy a boatload of other stuff that I really don't need at this time.
I ran the flimsy Bachmann track for years, but am tired of poor electrical, loose joiners and the track separating everytime one of the "rugrats" gets near. That's the main reason that I thought it would be good to "bolt" it all together.
You have given me several good sources (thanks again).
I'll get some screws, clamps, whatever down the road - in the meantime I will see how it goes without them.

I cannot believe that out of the hundreds of tiny screws that I don't have some.....
So you don't know where you put them from last time? I got a medicine bottle with the child proof lid that I keep in the top drawer of the big tool box. I always know where they are now. But the real reason I ask is,... Is this the first time you have used the track? If so, the screws are embedded in wax on the underside of one of the ties. AND re-reading the original post, they aren't Phillips head, they are a hex head.

So you don't know where you put them from last time? I got a medicine bottle with the child proof lid that I keep in the top drawer of the big tool box. I always know where they are now. But the real reason I ask is,... Is this the first time you have used the track? If so, the screws are embedded in wax on the underside of one of the ties. AND re-reading the original post, they aren't Phillips head, they are a hex head.

Sorry to "pop" your bubble, but these are phillips head threaded screws.
YES - I have 4 clear plastic - 12-20 compartments each - where I have hundreds of very small screws ... some may even be metric, but the ones I have are as little as .4 mm too large, maybe thats .04? -- anyway, too large but just a tiny bit.
YES - This is the first time I have used the track - I purchased it used from e-bay two years ago, and have just now opened the box.
NO - There are no screws underneath, but I see where they were at one time. (small traces of wax)

In addition to the slightly too large screws, I have some even more tiny screws which are only about 1/2 the size of the ones I need.
Now - If only I knew metrics - and also how to tell the size of the many small screws that I have. :)

The thread size of the rail joiner screw is the same thread as the screw on the bottom of the track that holds the plastic tie strip in place.
IH - Do you know what size that is? I could use those for a sub?

Sorry to "pop" your bubble, but these are phillips head threaded screws.
Then they are not original.

NO - There are no screws underneath, but I see where they were at one time. (small traces of wax)
Bummer, I was hopeful they might still be there. I think I used the track for three years before I discovered the screws hidden away there.

Umm, I have no pieces of track right here in front of me, so I cannot measure them, and I do not think the screw on the bottom is the same size. I think it is thinner and longer than the rail joiner screws. I am really going to have to learn the metric screw measurement system so I can talk more intelligently about this.

Last edited:

Back