Hello from WNY

CambriaArea51

Hello,I've been modeling HO scale for many years.Belonged to a couple of clubs,built modules but never a home layout.I plan to start that soon.I do a lot of scratch building with vehicles and train loads.

Good Morning CA51. Welcome to our forum, the most friendly model railroad forum on the net. Tell us a little more, how much room do you have, what RR are you interested in, just general info.
If you feel like getting to know some members better, drop by the Coffee Shop and BS about anything but politics and religion. We talk model railroading over there as well.

Welcome to the Forum. There's a lot of great modelers here who have years of experience that they are willing to share.

Greg

I model CSX and have about a 700 sq ft of area.It'll be 2 level layout coal and intermodal mostly.I have a lot of the detail stuff some scratch built just gotta build bench work and start laying track.

I model CSX and have about a 700 sq ft of area.It'll be 2 level layout coal and intermodal mostly.I have a lot of the detail stuff some scratch built just gotta build bench work and start laying track.
Very similar to my space, I have two levels in a 640 sq ft dedicated building called "The Train Shed". My levels are not connected, that's a project that may or may not be in the future. I loosely model "flatlands" ATSF from 1978-1993 or so. I like switching and have over 70 industries including seven (another one planned) grain elevators. While benchwork, main line and eleven passing sidings are in place, scenery is perhaps 25% completed although 80% of the industries are in place on the bare plywood. I only run intermodal from staging to staging and have no coal operations. Grain and grain products are king for me.

Some ethanol tankers would be in order...(hic)
I have an ethanol processing plant with four each liquid loading spots on two parallel sidings that can each hold 12 tankers each, normally only eight are spotted on each track and are maneuvered by an 0-5-0 loco to get the second set staged. Eventually a local switcher will stop by and move them. Other grain related industries include a bakery, brewery and a flour mill. Eventually there will also be a pretzel factory.

Back