Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Congrats Sherrel! A prize to be sure!

I'll throw my thanks in too, Jim, for your posts, your techniques, and most certainly for your trees!

Sherrel picked up his diorama prize Sunday and seemed pretty tickled. Now I have to get rid of all my On30 stuff. Jim:eek:

Dan, I've gone back to wargaming. Naturally I added my rendition of 'art' to the gaming. Jim
2018-10-30 16-21-20 (B,Radius10,Smoothing5)_Enhanced.jpg

JIM -- I just have been loaded down with issues here lately. Please forgive me for not responding to this thread in a more timely fashion. I was pretty close to taking you up on your offer of the On30 - now, with the latest downturn of the markets - I just cannot do it at the moment with taxes (income and property) coming due.
I want to thank you for the diorama .. At the moment I have it sitting in full view with a couple HO freight cars in the dining room on the serving area adjacent to the table. I wanted to place it on the mantle in the family room, but did not realize that the board on the top of said mantle is only 6 inches wide. I may wind up with it in the upstairs bookcase that surrounds the large flat screen TV if I can convince the Spousal Unit to move some of her "never read" books aside?
I'll keep you posted later on.

JIM -- I just have been loaded down with issues here lately. Please forgive me for not responding to this thread in a more timely fashion. I was pretty close to taking you up on your offer of the On30 - now, with the latest downturn of the markets - I just cannot do it at the moment with taxes (income and property) coming due.
I want to thank you for the diorama .. At the moment I have it sitting in full view with a couple HO freight cars in the dining room on the serving area adjacent to the table. I wanted to place it on the mantle in the family room, but did not realize that the board on the top of said mantle is only 6 inches wide. I may wind up with it in the upstairs bookcase that surrounds the large flat screen TV if I can convince the Spousal Unit to move some of her "never read" books aside?
I'll keep you posted later on.

OFFER still good. Jim

Hello Noah, All done here. Bad back for me and I start chemotherapy next week. Selling all my On30 if you are interested. Cheers, Jim
Yes, I had read that you were having to move on from mode railroading and was sorry to hear. I had some medical issues that sidelined me for quite some time but I am now back and early retired at 56. I have plenty of time now but no money! I wish I could indulge in the On30 but even if I had the money, I don't have the space right now. I'm pretty happy in HO these days and when I look at the N-scale stuff I've saved for forced perspective tricks it seems positively tiny. Still, the wife and I hope to possibly build a new house within the next 5 to 10 years so I may go larger scale then. The size of my pike would probably stay relative in relation to scale. It's bedroom sized in HO. I have a concept I'm really happy with these days, complete with fictional history so no matter the scale, that won't change. You probably don't realize but you inspired a lot of what I'm doing these days.
Regards,
Michael

Last edited:
Sorry to hear Jim! Hang in there. Things will get better.

I'm not into On30, but I may know someone who might be interested. Please drop me a PM when you feel up to it with some info and I'll pass it along.

Back