Two new Engines ...

goscrewyourselves

I'm the one
Have bought these great Kato Engines for the new layout:

MpvyNrk.jpg

ZsuOV6u.jpg

Both Kato SD70MAC's with DCC installed. They should make a nice addition to my roster.

Mike,

Yep, I don't think you can go wrong with Kato Engines and are the ONLY diesels I will buy. I'm hoping they will turn around Thursday of next week, just in time to test them out :)

Horseman - yeah pretty much I think but lets see:

3 X Kato ES44AC
4 X Kato F7A and B
1 X Kato F7A Passenger version
1 X BLI AC6000
1 X Bachmann 2-8-2
1 X Bachmann Nickel Plate
1 X Kato Amtrak P42

I think that's it plus the two new ones. I think I now have MORE than enough BUT something for every contingency :)

Horseman - yeah pretty much I think but lets see:

3 X Kato ES44AC
4 X Kato F7A and B
1 X Kato F7A Passenger version
1 X BLI AC6000
1 X Bachmann 2-8-2
1 X Bachmann Nickel Plate
1 X Kato Amtrak P42

I think that's it plus the two new ones. I think I now have MORE than enough BUT something for every contingency :)
But be careful or you will end up with a huge dead line / bone yard.
r960-2897a0ebbf5dc5d20d2ec6717ef9c0f4.jpg

Iron Horseman....there's a few dollars invested in that collection of locomotives or dare I say future scrap iron.

Greg

I think I have reached the limit of my engines ... unless something spectacular comes on the market, the above two are most likely my last engine not withstanding replacements.

I remember seeing a couple of the Alaska engines go through here on their delivery trip from the factory. (The old GM/EMD plant in London, ON).

Unfortunately it was at night, so no pictures.

I have several KATO HO locomotives and they are superior runners. They are at least 10 years old at least one with sound and both atre DCC. Also, I have locomotives with the KATO drive and like KATO locos, they run and sound so smooth. I need more.

I already have too many locomotives in my fleet, but one or two more, who's counting?

Greg

Last edited:
Kato locomotives are the N Scale benchmark! I miss them since switching to Ho. I have to say though the Scale Trains locomotives are very compatible, so I’m happy there.

Back