Running Bear's Coffee Shop September 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karl you and your boy need a pinky ball! He looks like a ball player to me!
Congratulations!
https://www.amazon.com/JaRu-JAR976-...pID=41EGLNQeA1L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
1537188469590.png

Check the bottom of the page, their may be an ad for one ;) you better buy a few with those sharp puppy teeth.

Speaking of ads, I have ads for gangster costumes at the bottom of my page. These ads are amusing and you find some cool stuff too!

Good morning

Johnny .... When we road the Dinner Train in Branson, we liked the town of Branson a lot. We'll keep your suggestion in mind.......

Also, If you are interested in traveling to KY, in Bardstown is the station for My Old Kentucky Dinner Train which is also very nice. .... Here are photos I took of it. ....

35719033326_813c33dba6_b.jpg

35719033976_131164c2a6_b.jpg

I just did a few photos (a bit dark) on some Ip6s (5.5) speakers I got samples of, but they are too wide (18mm) for most HO diesel long hoods that I know of (51 x 18 x 4.5mm). They could fit possibly into the fuel tanks of some 6 axle locos or maybe into the radiators of some. Has anyone ever had need to remove the radiator piece from the shell of a Genesis SD70ACe or know if it can be removed?

Well, I answered my own question. After minor mods they will fit up into the shell's width, along with Kato SD80MAC and Athearn's RTR SD45. Might even fit the '40's and others as well, will see. They have more enclosure than the other iP6s one I used in the P2K Alco PA with a slightly larger sound exit. I'v e ordered another 5 from the same seller, all he indicated he had left, but he might get more. Will also look elsewhere.. Both the Genesis RTR DCC ready, SD70ACe's and their ES44AC's have receptacles for 28mm railmaster hobbies upgrade speakers in their chassis, but these, being so thin, might make good double ups. More Power, roauf, roauf!

Good morning. 40 degrees with an expected high around 70.

Terry - Glad to see that you were prepared for this storm. Been watching the news and the worst may not be over with all of the flood warnings. It's going to take years to get over this storm. Stay safe.

Garry - Nice photos.

Karl - Nice looking dog. Enjoy.

Sherrel
- Every dog we have had over the years have come from rescues. Our little doxies came from a woman up in Idaho who runs a doxie rescue. They really end up being family, not just pets.

Joe - I can understand your rant.

Here's a rail photo for today.

c38e0ba21f1fa5b893d2952738ca7a78.jpg

Later

Morning to everyone!
Still expected to be 92 again today -- I think the temp gauge is broken ... I know the rainwater gauge Is!
Spousal Unit made it back home from the "side of the interstate" campground down the road in Carlsbad just south of Oceanside. I stayed home on this one! She is really getting good with the hookups and even dumped the holding tanks before coming home yesterday. I am very proud of her! Now I have the pleasure of cleaning all the sand and other trappings out of. I enjoyed my birthday being home with the dogs and getting a few things done like the dishwasher drain to not leak anymore. Now I can remove the pan from under the sink.

CHET - Really nice rail photo! Sorry, I like to see trains - not just rails? I tried to scratch build a slip switch about 50 years ago ... it was a hopeless nightmare!

Garry - the dinner train in Bardstown sounds interesting. Might be motivation for a road trip some time. Probably not this year though. Thanks for posting the photos and for the tip about this one.

Good afternoon.
The trip to work was sort of anticlimactic, after all the rain and hype. We still have a flood warning for the restr of the day here, then more floods at our local rivers over the next couple of days, as runoff overfills them.

Guess that I am on the downhill side of the 70's today! Thank you all for the BD wishes - I appreciate it a bunch.

For my birthday I would like to ask you all to "Bookmark" this website and click on it 1st thing when you sit down having your coffee every morning. It does not cost a dime- not even a penny, but it just may help an organization somewhere that is trying to save animals. If you click on something that says "more" it will show the day,month, year totals of clicks.
https://theanimalrescuesite.greatergood.com/clicktogive/ars/home

An honorable birthday wish. Can't promise you I will do it everyday, but I surely will do it often. :)
I ask "what can be batter than a rescue dog?"
I have one myself, my Tucker, my good boy.
This is Tucker, desperately wanting to escape from our former front porch.
1537213062681.png

Once again, Happy Birthday my friend!

LOUIS -- They know there is a coon lurking nearby ... they are ready to hunt!
Growing up in the South - my HS girlfriend's father had 10 Beagles that he used to take to the deer camp. It was pure music to listen to them on the trail of a deer; the deer would stay less that a hundred yards in front of them all the time and they would not quit the trail until utter exhaustion or you had to grab them. It was fun watching them with their tails wagging and nose and ears almost dragging the ground going over/under fallen trees, up and down creek banks, and charging through the brush while each trying to out yelp the other. Great times!

Last edited:
TOOT -- That is a "hell-of-a-photo"!
I'm thinking it could be on the eastern aproaches to Mullan Pass or Bozeman pass, but looking at the google maps of both, can't see anything that seems to match that track work. But then looking at something from the air compared to a ground level view can be hard to match up. I did trace Mark's east of Butte trackwork where it rises up to Homestake Pass
1537246112757.png

LOUIS -- They know there is a coon lurking nearby ... they are ready to hunt!
Growing up in the South - my HS girlfriend's father had 10 Beagles that he used to take to the deer camp. It was pure music to listen to them on the trail of a deer; the deer would stay less that a hundred yards in front of them all the time and they would not quit the trail until utter exhaustion or you had to grab them. It was fun watching them with their tails wagging and nose and ears almost dragging the ground going over/under fallen trees, up and down creek banks, and charging through the brush while each trying to out yelp the other. Great times!
The coons know the beagles are nearby as well! My beagles are always ready to hunt, too bad I am not a hunter. Nothing sets foot in my yard. The birds won't land when my Tucker is outside. Sophie is slow, a little over weight, but we are working on it. Tucker patrols the yard, Sophie is ready to chime in as needed, but Sophie won't ever catch anything.

Tucker came from a home where he had been beaten, verbally abused and malnourished. His' recovery has been amazing. I got him when he was about 1 1/2 years old. He would not bark. He would not sit near me. He would cuddle my wife while keep his eyes on me. He was always foraging for food, including trash cans.

Now he is 7 1/2 years old and politely tells me when he is hungry. He follows me everywhere and comes to me for hugs periodically throughout the day. He nicely lets me know he wants to come to my lap. Once I pick him up he literally hugs me, gives me a few kisses on the cheek and that's it. "love you, see you next time" off he goes, but never out of sight of me.

He now howls, but mostly when I come home from work. Lately he has been howling more often :) another good sign. He is a very happy boy. Sophie is so happy she wiggles when she walks from waging her tail so much.

I know what you mean about music, even with only two, Sophie and Tucker can "sing". Together they are different, almost seems coordinated sometimes, probably is. I would enjoy hearing 10.

Good Morning Folks. 75° and clear.Temperatures continue to hit mid-90's here, a little more humid than normal though. Doctor visit went well yesterday for both my wife and me. Her EKG and heart echo test showed a very slight irregularity that he feels is more age related than anything. I got the name of a surgeon (most likely his golf partner) to deal with the lump in my neck. Doctor says that it is most likely benign since it is soft and moves when pushed.
Didn't spend much time in the train shed yesterday. Morning and early afternoon was spent traveling and household chores. I did get some more fencing done before the lure of the swimming pool and a night at a not so local Outback took over. I did set up a temporary large workbench to cut the fencing itself. I use "tulle", or wedding veil material that is leftover from when my wife and MIL made my daughter's wedding dress years ago. They purchased a "bolt" which is about 405 sq ft! I need about 75" x 9/16" for the main fence and other parts. Aligning and cutting is tedious, although my wife suggested spraying it with spray starch to stiffen it up a bit. I'll experiment. I'll eventually spray paint it gray primer before mounting it. I've made a number of chain-link fences before, but never one of this magnitude.

Johnny - Right now our "getaways" mostly consist of day trips to Dallas or Ft Worth to visit places of interest, museums, art exhibits or grandkids ball games. We are looking forward to our annual trip to Gulf Shores AL coming up in about three weeks. We've rented a six bedroom house with four (or maybe five) other couples directly on the beach. Nice place with a swimming pool, elevator and separate bathrooms for each bedroom. Generally visit model railroad museums coming and going.
Ray - Neat picture of all the MRL motive power and train.

Great doggie pictures the last couple of days.
Everybody have a great Tuesday. Besides being Yom Kipper, it is also National Cheeseburger Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back